Business Intelligence Developer @ ING Hubs Ro
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-08-30 | REQ-10061380
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj.
With the help of 1400 engineers, risk and operations professionals, we offer 150 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1100 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration and Core Banking.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
We strongly believe that making data and the linked insights available to the broader Global Regulatory reporting community helps colleagues from our organization to make better-informed decisions. Sharing data and insights help to improve data quality, comply with new regulation, and allows us to optimize the use of scarce resources. Having one shared global view on our data in alignment with Finance, Risk and regional partners also helps to better understand underlying trends and avoids time spent on reconciliation.
Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
- Using Agile SCRUM principles and ceremonies to deliver, maintain and extend the BI solution
- Daily dispatch where we try to answer the question “What data was delivered and how did we process it?”
- BI solution analysis: be it a proactive or reactive analysis, we are in charge with solution architecture and its performance
- Refinement session together with engineers and business colleagues to clarify and baseline goals for future sprints
- Requirements end to end implementation: no task is to big, too small or to specific for an engineer (ex: ETL, data modeling, dashboarding and reporting)
What you’ll bring to the team
- BI solutions development experience – min 4 years
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or higher (SSIS and SSAS)
- OLAP Modelling experience
- Experience with data warehouse, data modelling and reports using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in reports presentation using Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience in dealing with large quantities of data (and performance tuning)
- Experience with pair programming and automated release management
- Ability to translate requirements into actionable items
- Passionate about data insights
- Experience with Azure DevOps is considered a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Proactive approach towards improvements and innovation for all BI solutions
- Tech stack/ knowledge:
- Mandatory: SQL Server 2016 or higher, SSIS 2016 or higher, SSAS 2016 or higher, SSRS
- Nice to have: Azure Synapse
- Foreign languages: English (advanced)
- Education: nice to have Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an IT related field
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus up to two salaries
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
- CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc.