Data Analyst - ORM Specialist @ING Hubs Romania
Employee | Risk Management | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-11-14 | REQ-10061658
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
- At ING, software and soft skills are equally important | 78% of our IT colleagues agree
ING Global ORM Centre (IGOC) mission is to provide professional operational risk management services towards ING entities globally.
A team of Operational Risk specialists is dedicated to supporting the global Non- Financial Risk function on various operational risk management related activities to ensure the risk is adequately managed.
Working with a variety of internal stakeholders offers an environment which provides the global overview on how operational risk is managed, and the opportunity to further support the enhancement of the global control framework.
The role is defined as an ‘ORM Specialist- Data analyst’ within IGOC, with main focus on data analysis and reports supporting Second Line Monitoring activities.
The above translates to the following (non-exclusive) responsibilities:
- Design, refine and optimize the reports to be aligned with the set-up objectives;
- Timely and accurate prepare and submit recurrent and/ or ad-hoc reports in accordance with applicable instructions and procedures;
- Aggregate and review data used for reports in scope;
- Ensure the quality and consistency checks among various reports as defined by the control framework in place or by the team performing thematic reviews;
- Actively participate in implementation of processes improvements in own area;
- Support team in drafting the annual team planning and track completion.
What you’ll bring to the team
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated team-player to be part of IGOC team who has the following characteristics:
- University degree;
- Working experience with Management reporting would be a plus;
- Working experience in functions dealing with internal controls (e.g. External/Internal Audit, Operational Risk Management, SOx Compliance, Management Consulting, Business Control), preferably in the financial services industry would be a plus;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and in reporting tools;
- Experience in using specialized software for database management (MS-SQL, Oracle, MySQL, SAS, SQL Programming, ETL data with SSIS) would be a plus;
- Strong analytical skills, as well as a keen eye for detail;
- Experience/affinity with innovation, data and IT;
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to operate in a diversified and multicultural work environment;
- Good collaboration skills and ability to work across different business lines and geographies;
- Strong and effective communication skills – fluent in written and spoken English.