Employee | Compliance / Legal / Tax | Professional | United Kingdom | London | 2023-11-27 | REQ-10057948
UK Region Compliance is responsible for the provision of compliance support and expertise to the Wholesale Banking business based in the UK Region covering London and Middle East.
Key responsibilities include ensuring the business meets Bank Charter, SREP and Framework deliverables; scanning the horizon (internally and externally) to provide strategic leadership to the Conduct risk vertical; providing proactive compliance advice and challenge to the business; monitoring of compliance risks; delivery of compliance training and active involvement in the identification and mitigation of compliance risk indicators.
Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) is part of the UK Compliance Department and is responsible for ensuring compliance with the various aspects of the ING Know Your Customer Policy as well as the UK FCC legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
Advising and Monitoring of the ING FCC Policy as well as Client Activity Monitoring and Sanction Assessments and Screening Decisions.
- Provide regulatory advice and guidance on FCC Policy and Sanctions
- Assist in the development and delivery of applicable policies and procedures to enable the bank to comply with internal and external regulatory requirements within the Banks overall risk appetite.
- Provide support & challenge to the 1st LoD in relation to the implementation and effectiveness of FCC policies and controls
- Provide staff training on compliance and financial crime policies and procedures.
- Reviewing sanctions screening referrals and subsequent investigation, decisioning and disclosure
- Perform Client activity monitoring.
- Be able to assist colleagues in the determination and escalation of alerts from Monitoring or Screening
- Assist with any external queries and transaction related investigations.
- File SARs in MLRO absence
- Review and advise upon complex enhanced EDD files
- Stand in for MLRO at committees such as CIRC, KYC committee etc
- Processing and approving requests to the 2nd line for waivers or exceptions to guidelines.
- Provide advice to the onboarding areas to assist KYC sign off for new customers and at review.
- Conduct quality assurance on outsourced processes (such as CDD and first line screening)
- Provide support to the MLRO in day-to-day business activities.
- Provide support to Group Compliance as part of the roll-out of the One Compliance strategy
- Graduate in Economics, Law or other relevant discipline
- Relevant industry qualifications
- Data analytics skills
- An interest in global activities be it Criminal or Sanctions that can impact payment flows to people, companies, or countries.
- Experience / working knowledge of:
- UK and EU regulatory framework as applicable to Wholesale/Investment Banking (particularly as regards sanctions and financial crime)
- Non-Financial Risk Management activities
- Background in Payment Processing, KYC or AML Transaction Monitoring.
- Background in Payment Processing, KYC or AML Transaction Monitoring
- Knowledge of Word/Excel/PowerPoint and relevant KYC and screening tools
- Experience in working in a wholesale banking FCC team
- Clear communicator, especially to senior management
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A high level of initiative and common sense.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Ability to work to deadlines with limited supervision
- Strategic thinker who is able to ‘share the vision’
- Effective people manager
“In order to operate ING’s recruitment process, we will collect and store personal information you provide. Please request the privacy notice should you wish to understand how ING uses and protects this information.”