DevOps Engineer | Data Quality Platform team @ING Hubs Romania
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2024-01-17 | REQ-10054598
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj.
With the help of 1400 engineers, risk and operations professionals, we offer 150 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1100 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration and Core Banking.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
At ING, sharing knowledge is always a win-win | 92% of our colleagues in Romania agree.
As part of the development towards a “Next Generation Digital Banking Platform”, ING Group Services is building a state-of-the-art Data Lake. An ambitious project based on technologies like IBM InfoSphere Server Suite, Cloud Pak for Data, Linux, Cognos and Oracle.
As a DevOps Engineer, you participate in the entire software development lifecycle, building, testing and delivering high-quality solution. You can contribute to completion of all activities in the backlog.
Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
- Take initiative and propose and implement automation improvements for existing processes with the goal of reducing the repetitive work and making the system more reliable;
- Write clean and reusable code that can be easily maintained and scaled;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and solve complex problems;
- Optimization & automation of workflows and activities;
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of services;
- Integrating and/or engineering innovative technologies. Configure / add new services as necessary;
- Work in an Agile/Scrum way, on the backlog prioritized by a Product Owner
What you’ll bring to the team
Contribute to the new way of working
In the Tribe structure, you are part of an ambitious and highly motivated squad with an Agile way of working. You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Tribe in which you work.
- Tech stack/ knowledge:
- 3+ years of experience in development environment (proven track record in this role, preferably in an international environment);
- Knowledge of scripting on Unix systems and Python coding is a must;
- Experience with Release Automation and knowledge of Testing approaches;
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and Data Warehouse concepts;
- Good knowledge of metadata and data governance concepts;
- CI/CD AzureDevops Pipelines knowledge;
- Have experience with Source Code management tools such as GIT/SVN/GitLab/GitHub;
- Service-minded attitude with a desire to help others, flexibility and inquisitiveness;
- Nice to have:
- Experience working with DataStage or other InfoSphere Information Server suite;
- Knowledge of Systems administration.
- Foreign languages: English (advanced)
- Education: nice to have Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an IT related field