ETL Engineer | Data Quality Platform team @ING Hubs Romania
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-07-17 | REQ-10054598
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj.
With the help of 1400 engineers, risk and operations professionals, we offer 150 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1100 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration and Core Banking.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
At ING, sharing knowledge is always a win-win | 92% of our colleagues in Romania agree.
As a colleague in the Data Quality Platform team, you will join one of the teams working closely with two Tribes: the Global Data Tribe which is responsible for activities that support effective data governance at ING and the DataLake Foundation Tribe which ensures a standardized and uniform infrastructure alongside a common way of working.
Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
- preparing Linux environments by installing prerequisite features
- creating deployable products as requested by the Product Owner, deploying and testing of these products
- assisting the Product Owner with technical analysis on our products when improvements/new developments are required
- supporting our internal clients with deployment related questions/issues.
- migrating environments/databases to different versions
- supporting internal clients during migrations and environment patching
What you’ll bring to the team
- Experience: 3+ years in an IT Ops or DevOps role within a complex dynamic international environment
- Tech stack/ knowledge:
- Azure DevOps knowledge/experience
- ETL development experience
- Affinity with LINUX, SQL and ANSIBLE scripting/playbooks
- Bash scripting and build tools
- Comfortable to communicate and liaise with (senior) business users
- Service-minded attitude with a desire to help others, flexibility and inquisitiveness
- Nice to have:
- Focused on Continuous Delivery and Integration
- Work experience as a Python developer
- Knowledge of Systems administration
- Foreign languages: English (advanced)
- Education: nice to have Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an IT related field
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus up to two salaries
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
- CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc.