Financial Controller for Regulatory Reporting - Retail NL
Employee | Accounting & Finance | Professional | Netherlands | Amsterdam | 2023-10-16 | REQ-10062208
About the work environment
ING’s strategy is centered around providing a best in class experience to its customers, aiming to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and business. How? By making the difference through giving our customers a superior customer experience and putting sustainability at the heart of what we do.
From a Finance perspective this means being in control at all times of ING’s financials while making sure that ING continuously adapts to meet the changing and more data oriented regulatory and statutory reporting requirements.
Finance Domestic Bank is responsible for the financial accounting and statutory/regulatory reporting of all Retail activities in ING’s home market, with a Balance Sheet of 200 billion euro and responsible for 40% of ING’s worldwide profit.The Financial Accounting tribe aims at finding the balance between high speed to continuously deliver on all regulatory changes and an efficient and up-to-standard way of working to process vast data sets according to strict IFRS and ECB rules.
In our Financial Accounting tribe you can get involved in assignments that cover every aspect of the Finance world, from accounting dilemmas and new ESG requirements to Basel regulation updates and technical challenges in one of our data warehouses. Working at ING Finance Domestic Bank will provide you with a wide range of experiences with significant responsibilities and development opportunities. If you have a strong can-do-attitude, you will excel in our organization.
Role and responsibility
At his moment, we look for a Financial Controller for regulatory reporting, where you are to:
- Work on the production, changes and analyses linked to certain regulatory reports.
- ensure you are in control for your reports, both in terms of internal controls as well as from a regulatory perspective.
- analyze and comment on changing regulatory requirements
- participate in projects by clarifying data definitions and proposing solutions
- use analytics tools to support the reporting processes
- guarantee compliance with control frameworks
- keep the overview over end-to-end Finance processes
Current topics to work on include BCBS 239, FinRep, AnaCredit,Country Risk reporting, Deposit Guarantee Scheme, Liquidity reporting and many other forms of reporting such as ESG related reports.
About the team
This vacancy is in a Finance team of about 20 people. It is a mixed group in terms of nationalities, ages, experience and gender where we find it important everyone can feel part of the team.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
Furthermore, you have/are:
- Current residency in the Netherlands
- 2+ years of experience in external reporting in the banking industry
- Driven and customer focused, loving to collaborate with different people
- Able to motivate, empower and stimulate people
- Analytical mindset and solutions oriented
- Continuously challenging the status quo and taking decisions
- Loves to collaborate with people in various roles and squads
- Analytically strong with an eye for detail
- Clear communication skills (written and oral)
- Able to work in an autonomous way
Rewards & benefits
Working at ING means working in a dynamic and international setting. Individual development of our employees is very important and that is why ING offers excellent courses and programs. You will become a member of the Finance Domestic Bank tribe, a no-nonsense and progressive tribe known for qualitative deliveries. We strive to achieve the best and therefore need talented and driven colleagues.
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions here.
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- Challenging yet fun and constructive environment
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 36 or 40 hour workweek
- Individual leave: 24+2 individual holiday days based on 36 hr workweek
- Diversity leave: 3 days per year (1,5 paid, 1,5 unpaid)
- CSR days: up to 2 days per year to actively engage in society by volunteering
- 13th month salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- Mobility card
- Attractive pension scheme
- Working with highly skilled people, experts in their domains
- Working in an area which is of regulatory importance to ING
- Great training and learning opportunities
Want to apply directly?
Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us and apply today!