Financial Crime Compliance Specialist II
Employee | Compliance / Legal / Tax | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2024-02-12 | REQ-10068257
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj.
With the help of more than 1600 engineers, risk and operations professionals, we offer 150 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1100 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration and Core Banking.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
At ING, we believe the road to success is never straight
Within the Compliance center of Expertise (Compliance CoE) , a team of Compliance Officers is dedicated to support the global Compliance function on various Compliance related activities to ensure the Compliance risks are adequately managed. Collaboration and cooperation within the Compliance CoE is based on knowledge and expertise, and uses data analytics where possible.
Working with a variety of internal stakeholders offers an environment which not only provides the global overview on how the various Compliance requirements and controls are embedded, yet also provides the opportunity the further support the enhancement of the global control framework.
This position is created within the ING Compliance CoE and will be located in Romania. The role is defined as a ‘Compliance specialist role’ within the global Compliance community, very specifically related to the KYC processes. As part of the Compliance framework the 2nd Line of Defense is executing various activities to support the global Compliance community in the areas of know your customer, screening (both on customers and transactions) as well as client monitoring.
The role reports hierarchically to the Team Lead of the Financial Crime Compliance Quality Assurance team.
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
• Execute compliance monitoring exercises, as part of the regular 2nd Line of defense monitoring related to Know Your Customer requirements
• Performs quality assurance processes, discuss the results, advise on different operational processes updates.
• Based on various triggers resulted from data analytics, define and execute further targeted reviews, in alignment with the local 2LOD requirements.
• Propose mitigating measures in accordance with the Policy and Standards;
• In collaboration with the local Compliance Officer, assist the local business by means of Compliance monitoring reports as defined;
• Provide advice, guidance and support on regulatory issues as required;
• Draft reports and management information for the businesses as well as the Compliance function.
What you’ll bring to the team
We are looking for a motivated new colleague who has the following characteristics:
• University degree
• Proven knowledge and expertise in the specific Compliance domain
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to operate in a diversified and multicultural work environment
• Strong and effective communication skills – fluent in written and spoken English
• Excellent analytical skills as well as a keen eye for detail to e.g. identify and articulate Compliance related aspects