Intern, Corporate Finance M&A
Internship | Wholesale Banking | Student | Singapore | Singapore | 2023-11-21 | REQ-10064890
The world of banking is changing faster than ever. That’s why we at ING are always broadening our horizons. Our people have a forward-thinking mentality, a strong can-do spirit and enjoy working in an agile environment.
ING in Asia Pacific
In Asia Pacific, ING offers wholesale banking across 11 markets, namely Australia, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, and Vietnam.
ING offers both retail and wholesale banking services in Australia. ING’s regional presence includes a 13% stake in Bank of Beijing, China and a 30% stake in TMBThanachart Bank in Thailand. 2 Singapore is the regional headquarters for ING's Wholesale Banking (WB) business in Asia, which includes all WB business lines such as Financial Markets, Strategic Products, Sectors, Lending and Transaction Services and other support functions.
What does the Corporate Finance Team do in ING?
With over 150 specialised professionals in strategically-located offices around the globe, the WB Corporate Finance team consists of experts in the field of all corporate finance related advisory services.
The team predominantly advises shareholders or management boards on mergers and acquisitions transactions in the mid- and large cap market. We are recognised for this awardwinning approach on a regular basis.
What would you be doing?
• Assist analyst, associate, VP, Director and Managing Director in origination and execution of Corporate Finance M&A initiatives / projects
• Conducting research and analysis for company and profiles, industry analysis, potential buyer universe
• Performing rading and precedent transaction comparable analysis
• Researching underlying assumptions for projections and providing support in building financial model
• Assisting in virtual data room and Q&A management
• Assisting in the drafting of marketing materials such as pitchbook, teaser, information memorandum and management
• Attending team discussions and client meeting and taking call notes What qualities, skills and other criteria are we looking for? We are looking for a passionate individual who meets the following criteria:
• You should have legal work rights in the country of internship.
• Highly inquisitive with a willingness to learn and complete task correctly
• Strong interpersonal skills and an effective communicator with the ability to collaborate and build rapport within a team
• Demonstrates good time management skills and able to function well under tight deadlines What would you gain from this internship?
• Understanding and knowledge of corporate merger and acquisitions
• Exposure to a highly dynamic and enriching work experience
• Hone and apply both technical and soft skills
• Development of a professional network
Need more information?
For information on ING Wholesale Bank, visit https://www.ingwb.com