internship Analyst sector Transport, logistics and automotive
Internship | Wholesale Banking | Starter / Graduates | Belgium | Brussels | 2024-02-12 | 068631
Intern Sector Transport & Logistics (“T&L”) for Q1-Q2 2022
Internship - Full Time – Brussels - English, French, Dutch
Bachelor’s degree in business economics, financial engineering or law
Your work environment
You will work in the Belgian T&L sector team which focuses on the Belgian corporate clients active in this sector but also on companies in the niche container box industry, where ING has been a market leading financier for over 30 years.
ING T&L Belgium is a recognized leader in arranging, originating and structuring financing transactions in the international T&L sector. The team closed multiple high profile transactions in close collaboration with our offices in Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Singapore.
ING T&L helps its clients to stay a step ahead in business by providing complex and creative financing solutions. Such complex financing solutions allow companies to attract the necessary high level of debt to make the investments that are needed in the sector, despite being active in cyclical markets.
The team consists of young energetic and motivated people from various backgrounds, all committed to bringing the sector to the next level.
Your key responsibilities
The intern will become a full team-member within the T&L sector team. Depending on experience, job level and background, the role includes a.o.:
· Assist with pitching, origination and execution of new transactions
· Structure transactions, run sensitivity analysis and building financial models
· Draft new business proposals, credit modifications and annual reviews
· Perform client and credit administration primarily through timely, complete and correct data input and data management in the relevant support systems in line with internal procedures and guidelines
· Participate in client and bank calls/meetings
· Side projects such as sector strategy days and business development
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As an Intern within the T&L sector team, you will also need:
· relevant bachelor’s degree and finishing studies in business economics, financial engineering or law
· A team player with good communication skills
· Entrepreneurial and commercial drive
· Fluent in English verbally and written. Dutch/French speaking is considered a plus
· Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills, demonstrated with good grades
· Strong presentation skills (creating PowerPoint pitches and presenting)
· Strong eye for details in all deliverables
· Eager to learn and share knowledge with colleagues
· Ability to work independently on various transactions/projects at the same time, often under pressure, and to prioritize resources accordingly
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
· Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realize your ambitions
· An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors
· Experience an international environment and collaborate with colleagues across the globe
· On-the-job training to translate theory into practice, learning from highly experienced professionals
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!