IT Area Lead Core Banking
Employee | Tech | Professional | Netherlands | Amsterdam | 2023-11-21 | REQ-10064243
Do you want to make impact in the daily life of over 1 million customers?
Within ING Tech Domestic Bank Netherlands, we have an opening for an experienced IT Area Lead (IT Delivery Manager) with talent, ambition and enthusiasm for Tech and banking.
As Tech Domestic Bank Netherlands (DBNL) we drive sustainable progress for all – powered by technology! Our purpose is to serve our NL customers in the best possible way. We want to offer the most effortless and relevant banking experience in the Netherlands. Banking experiences that make it easier for anyone to pay, plan, reach their goals in life and in business, expand their business, do the right thing, and withstand the unexpected. Our products and services are built on technology.
The Tech DBNL organization consists of more than 2.000 talented engineers, who are working together over various locations (Netherlands, Romania, India, Philippines) to deliver and own best in class services and applications for our customers. Within Tech DBNL there are the domains: Products; Omni channels; Payments,; Cash & Cards, Corebanking & Advisory; Customer & Data. CISO and Architecture are also key and part of the MT of Tech DBNL. Each of these domains is headed by an IT Lead (300-400FTE). IT Area leads report to the IT leads and lead the engineers and delivery of around 10 squads (80 FTE). Together with other Area Leads and IT Lead, you are part of the Leadership Team for one of the domains. We are looking for somebody acting as IT Area lead with broad knowledge and experience in Vendor Management, leading Chapter Leads (Engineers/ Leads), international collaboration and running a business critical system
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creates an awesome atmosphere in which everyone feels appreciated and heard, and where everyone enjoys their work.
- Actively aligns with the other Area Leads and Tribe Lead on the delivery and priority of the work. This delivery takes place in a.o. the payments chain, savings, and hence requires alignment with ING Payment Settlement Services (PSS) and Payments business, as well as a.o. Current Accounts and Savings.
- Uses his/her skills to attract and retain the Chapter/Engineering Leads and create the best engineering and delivery culture in an Agile way of working environment.
- Values engineering craftsmanship and develops craftsmanship of the employees working in their respective area. Provides high-level strategic guidance to the chapter leads.
- Manages the IT budget and headcount related to the area in control.
- Encourages innovative thinking, for instance by stimulating our own conferences.
- Makes sure that we keep our commitments to IT risk, security and compliance.
- Positively contributes to improving the larger IT Organization
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- You are an AWESOME leader, inspiring and energizing.
- You understand what it takes to run a business-critical system, always-on, servicing more than a million clients with a.o. real-time account, balance and transaction information
- You focus on and encourage collaboration, within the team, within ING Netherlands, and internationally with the ING Tech Hub Romania
- Experience with vendor management, partnering to achieve more together
- You drive change, project delivery (our strategy to simplify the landscape and consolidate more functions in our Account Engine) as well as drive for continuous improvement and a high performance culture
- Excellent strategic management / decision taking skills
- Empowering people management style
- Mindset of openness and willingness to try new ways of working
- End-to-end ownership mindset
- A Master’s degree in computer science, or related technical discipline
- Proven experience in IT management, preferably in a complex matrix organisation
- Experience in an Agile context
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Having a continuous improvement mindset
- Are a role model and an ambassador for our culture in cross departments
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
Contact Fabian Nagy in our TECH recruitment team, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this role. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do ING. Join us. Apply today.