IT OpsRisk Engineer Summit@ING Hubs
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-10-11 | REQ-10057867
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj.
With the help of 1400 engineers, risk and operations professionals, we offer 150 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1100 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration and Core Banking.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
v At ING, you are a safekeeper of trust | 95% of our colleagues agree
Why Summit Capability?
The Summit Capability Squad supports the Summit application in Financial Markets in a number of ways: help our Front and Middle Office Summit users in their daily activities, provide support for the interactions between Summit and other Financial Markets systems (such as MarikitWire, Murex, Bloomberg, Kondor+, etc), deliver changes and new functionalities, helping at the same time to maintain a robust and reliable application.
As an OPS Engineer in the Summit Capability Squad, you will excel in maintaining and enhancing in all aspects the Front/Middle-Office Summit V5.6 system. This will include analysis, design and test of code changes and close cooperation with the Product Owner and with the Developers to help resolve Production issues, as well as add new features for the system, which to address various business requirements or regulatory requirements.
Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
- Monitor vulnerability reports and fix vulnerabilities in Azure Cloud Platform (e.g. applying security patches, update IT systems configuration)
- Perform backup and restore exercises
- Analyze the security events raised by IT Security tools
- Plans the operational activities in such a way that they are executed timely
- Act as a SPOC between Asset Owner, IT Custodian, DevOps Team and 1st and 2nd Line of Defense teams (IT Security and IT Risk teams)
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation (e.g. Application Security Baseline, teams procedures, playbooks and runbooks, penetration tests SoW, events to be monitored)
- Prepare documentation for closing issues (e.g. IT Audit findings)
- Regularly and timely collect and provide evidences of the effectiveness of the IT controls in the dedicated internal platform
- Keep up to date with relevant ING standards (IT, IT Security and IT Risk) and their modifications to identify the impact on applications in the area of responsibility
- Involvement in Azure DevOps Teams and company’s global projects (e.g. IT Controls automations)
What you’ll bring to the team
Experience: on average 2-3 years of experience in either IT Governance or IT risk/ IT Control implementation
Ability to understand the risk processes in an IT environment Experience with IT risk standards Ability to make clear and convincing statements related to risk procedures Proven planning and organizing experience
o Nice to have:
Project management experience Knowledge of Agile methodology
Foreign languages: English (advanced)
Education: nice to have Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an IT related field
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
- CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc.