IT System Analyst @ING HUBS Romania
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-08-21 | REQ-10059000
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
- At ING, software and soft skills are equally important | 78% of our IT colleagues agree
Your day to day
- Take responsibility for analyzing, modeling and advancing our business processes in the area of the current account, cards and/or payment infrastructure;
- Requirements engineering for the account product (stakeholder analysis, evaluation and implementation of the IT requirements jointly with the developers in your squad);
- Creation of user stories and their translation into technical architecture and requirements;
- Testing of newly developed or changed applications including test, systems and process documentation;
- Coordinate development including tests and commissioning;
- Continuously optimize the collaboration/interfaces to other (supporting) organizational units;
- Application support in production and third level support (bug and incident analysis);
- Support initiatives/overarching projects with your know-how and engagement;
- Understands the Delivery model (processes, roles workflow, tools), the Way of Working and its implementation in the domain well. Continuously improves the Way of Working.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Successfully completed studies in (business) informatics, business administrations or an equivalent qualification;
- Have experience in SEPA payments (advantage);
- Have knowledge in the subjects of debit cards or payment processing;
- Bring expertise in core banking applications (advantage);
- Experienced in provider management and if you are acquainted with ensuring governance and regulatory requirements;
- Understand and work according to ITIL processes;
- Got in touch with microservice architecture and understand the concept of self-contained systems;
- Have worked with relational databases, ideally Oracle and if you can use SQL;
- Worked in agile and non-agile projects;
- You are fluent in English.