Java Developer | Cash & Liquidity | FMIR @ ING Hubs RO
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-09-19 | REQ-10059103
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
At ING, we're building the solutions of tomorrow, today | 80% of our colleagues in Romania agree
Financial Markets Infrastructures Reporting
The Cash and Liquidity FMIR is designed to make the C&L service comply with certain requirements of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision like BCBS 248 (Monitoring tools for intraday liquidity management) and BCBS 239 (Principles for effective risk data aggregation and risk reporting), but also SRB (Single Resolution Board) reporting requirements as well as ING Risk Policies and Procedures including operational control and GT minimum standards.
Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
- Coding / Unit Testing and assistance on UAT test
- End to End ownership of the user stories, analysis to release and support
- Demo to the user groups / teams
- Coordinate activities across the groups for user story delivery
- IT Risk: Ensure that user stories are delivered within the scope of ING IT Risk & ensure all the IT risk requirements/documentations are performed
- Collaborate with teams at different locations - Bucharest, Amsterdam, Mumbai
- Participate in Scrum rituals: Stand ups/Retros/Refinements/Reviews
What you’ll bring to the team
- Experience: Minimum 4-5 years experience of Java Development (Java 8, 11, 17)
- Tech stack/ knowledge:
- Minimum 5-10 years experience of java development (Java 8, 11, 17)
- Experience working with TDD and BDD (Cucumber and Concordion)
- Project experience in financial market, treasury or cash and liquidity systems
- Experience with XML, XSL, XSD used for MX messages, replacements of MT messages
- Functional Product Experience with Financial Markets like Money Market, FX and Securities products
- Analysis Skills
- Good communication skills with an appetite to receive feedback whether it is positive or used for improvements.
- Experience in SCRUM with a strong preference for the agile way of working.
- Good Linux skills, for day to day purposes
- Some experience working on CI/CD tools - GIT, Maven, Azure, Ansible, containers
- Nice to have:
- Understanding/work exposure to Kafka
- Experience/Knowledge of various Java Frameworks – Spring, Camel.
- Experience working vendor Treasury applications like Calypso.
- Exposure to open source technologies like docker, Open Shift/Kubernetes.
- Experience in multi-location teams
- SWIFT messages, MT and their new ISO20022 standard for MX
- Knowledge of treasury cash & liquidity management
- Foreign languages: English (advanced)
- Education: nice to have Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an IT related field
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms