Java Developer Security & Aggregation Area @ ING Hubs Romania
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-09-07 | REQ-10061024
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
- At ING, software and soft skills are equally important | 78% of our IT colleagues agree
In the Security & Aggregation area we blend two types of products. On one hand, the Security part covers projects that provide Authentication, Signature (digital and transaction) or Electronic Identification and Verification. On the other hand, Aggregation involves the European PSD2 initiative and enables customers to view all their internal and external bank accounts and manage transactions.
Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
- Writing clean Java code in SpringBoot based project
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Code review, knowledge sharing, testing
- Investigate and give resolutions for defects (in test, acceptance or production environments)
- Prepare and participate in releases of software components using the automated CI/CD pipelines
What you’ll bring to the team
- Experience: minimum 3 years of experience;
- Tech stack/ knowledge:
- Mandatory: Spring + Springboot and Java EE 8+, DB technologies (preferably Cassandra, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Nice to have: Azure DevOps, Kafka, ELK stack, Docker, Kubernetes, Checkmarx; Experience with microservices, in security-oriented applications, network or infrastructure components and infrastructure and financial application development
- Foreign languages: English (advanced)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an IT related field - mandatory
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus up to two salaries
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
- CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc.