Java Touchpoint Software Engineer - Global Authentication Platform @ING Hubs Romania
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-07-13 | REQ-10053620
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity in relation to ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies. Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj.
ING Hubs Romania offers 150 services in software development, data management, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide, with the help of 1400 engineers, risk and operations professionals.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
At ING, we're building the solutions of tomorrow, today | 80% of our colleagues in Romania agree
The Global Authentication Platform provide a standard way to identify and authenticate the customer and a framework to implement and plug in authentication means.
As a Software Engineer working in the Authentication Services, you will be responsible to develop, deliver and to innovate on the authentication processes and features of ING’s Touchpoint Platform.
Together with the other teams (squads) within the product area of authentication services you strive to provide uniform authentication and security across ING to safeguard the trust with our customers.
The squads of this product area are working at ING locations in Amsterdam and Bucharest. This position is for Bucharest
Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
- Manage the application and integration with other data suppliers.
- Create scalable software platforms and applications that are unit tested, code reviewed, and checked regularly for continuous integration.
- Examine existing systems, identifying flaws and creating solutions to improve service uptime and time-to-resolve through monitoring and automated remediation.
- Plan and execute full software development life cycles (SDLC) for each assigned project, adhering to company standards and expectations.
- Design and build tools and frameworks to automate development, testing deployment, management and monitoring of the company’s 24x7 services and products.
- Plan and scale distributed software and applications, applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with urgency and quality.
- Resolve incidents raise by the stakeholders.
- As part of a cross-border Squad, you work in an Agile/Scrum way, on the backlog prioritized by a Product Owner.
What you’ll bring to the team
Experience: minim 4 years
Tech stack/ knowledge:
- Java Experience
- Good knowledge of Spring and Microservices
- NoSQL/SQL databases
- Tooling: Azure DevOps, Openshift or any container orchestration solution
- Experience with async communication channels (we leverage Kafka a lot).
Nice to have:
- Open to Scrum
- Experience with distributed teams
- Foreign languages: English (advanced)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an IT related field
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
- CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc.