Lead Business Control Officer
Employee | Risk Management | Professional | Poland | Katowice | 2023-07-28 | REQ-10057737
We are looking for you if:
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the Non-Financial Risk (NFR) area, preferably in the banking industry,
- You are strong in problem analysis; you have the ability to simplify complex tasks and bring people together by using your professional organizational skills,
- You have solid experience in Information Technology (IT) Risk field of expertise,
- You have experience or readiness to lead a group of people with different technical backgrounds,
- You drive engagement, creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its goals.
You'll get extra points for:
- Professional certification in security,
- Experience of working in an international environment,
- Personal and Physical Security Risk area knowledge.
- Act as a Lead in the area of business controls, compliance, and risk
- Represent senior management in discussions with the 2nd Line of Defense Risk to define adequate control standards and risk mitigating actions
- Drive and coordinate the implementation of new or updated control standards
- Support risk assessments and gap analyses
- Drive independent business controls monitoring
- Provide (content-based insights for) trainings and advise in correct interpretation of policies requirements
- Lead, coach, and develop a small group of professionals focused on keeping ING Hubs Poland safe, secure, and in control
Information about the role & project:
As a Lead, you combine content expertise in risk and control with leadership of a small expertise team (3-4 people). You take responsibility for developing, innovating, and safeguarding knowledge in your field of expertise. You facilitate the HR cycle (hiring, developing, reviewing, and evaluating), and balancing employees needs with company demands. You drive engagement, creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its goals. We encourage our teams to be self-steering which means your role is to be a servant leader and coach.
Scope of responsibilities of the Team covers two risk and control frameworks – Information Technology (IT) Risk, and Personal and Physical Security Risk. The main goal is to support the senior management in implementation and monitoring processes of these frameworks while continuously maintaining oversight of the status and progress of risk incidents, events, and their resolution.