Meta Data & Data Modelling Analyst - Esperanto @ ING Hubs RO
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-09-15 | REQ-10061235
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
- At ING, software and soft skills are equally important | 78% of our IT colleagues agree
We are looking for an enthusiastic Data Modeler with passion for Data, knowledge and experience in data modelling for a data warehouse / data mart / data products.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary cross border team (Business Analysts / Subject Matter Experts, DevOps engineers, Data Governance officers and Data Quality specialists). The objective is to enable the flow of data from the providers to end users (on a Data Lake architecture).
Your day to day:
- Execute the Data Definition process according to agreed principles and quality criteria, in an Agile way of working (Spotify model);
- Support the Business Analysts in the analysis phase and creating conceptual data models;
- Deliver and maintain Global (ING Esperanto) Business Terms, Conceptual / Logical and Physical Data Models and additional documentation needed for shipping the product towards the Data Lakes;
- Create and maintain Global Reference Data / classifications;
- Support the creation of Data Products, making them available in the Marketplace and inventoried in a Data Catalog;
- Create and test functional and technical mappings from source to target and support the usage of data models in ING units;
- Support, coach and train colleagues on adopting and implementing our models;
- Report on the progress and communicate the dependencies and impediments to stakeholders;
- Contribute to existing principles, standards, guidelines and way of working to continuously improve them.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field;
- Understanding of Data Management and/or IT architecture areas;
- Understanding of Entity - Relationship Data Modelling / Dimensional Data Modelling, being able to interpret logical and conceptual data models and able to explain these models in a natural language;
- Experience with data modelling methods and tools (like Power Designer, InfoSphere Data Architect, Erwin, Idera/ER Studio);
- Data Warehousing / Data Mart / Dara Modelling / Database Design;
- Knowledge of SQL and database concepts;
- Excellent written and verbal communication English skills;
- Results oriented person, persistence and assertiveness, collaboration and influencing skills
- Open to travel to ING locations (mainly Europe and occasionally outside Europe).
Nice to have
- Knowledge with the IBM’s BDW models, IBM Cloud Pak for Data, Watson Knowledge Catalog;
- Knowledge of and experience acting within business area of financial institutions and within data management organizations;
- Experience as Senior Database Developer, Solution Designer or Data Architect (architecture, planning & roadmap, solution definition, solution follow-up & guidance);
- Knowledge of and a vision on data management and affinity with IT.
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus up to two salaries
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
- Coaching and Mentoring programs
- CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc.