Operations Engineer - Core Banking Team @ ING Hubs Ro
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-08-16 | REQ-10048648
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity in relation to ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies. Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj.
ING Hubs Romania offers 150 services in software development, data management, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide, with the help of 1400 engineers, risk and operations professionals.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
v At ING, we're building the solutions of tomorrow, today | 80% of our colleagues in Romania agree
Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
- Automation. Focus on testing automation and processes automation to prevent human error and increase speed and traceability.
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment. Be responsible for independently designing, coding, reviewing, and testing of code/scripts and pipeline for testing automation with different tools/technologies and complexity.
- Configuration Management. Automate the application of configuration states. Deploy new modules, upgrade, and fix to the production environment. Make modules production-ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
- Flow to Ready and integration. Be able to refine and detail user stories that are defined. Be able to work together with other DevOps teams and plan work in a way tasks can be executed efficiently. Actively present in demo sessions. Understand the impact of user stories on his/her work.
- Automating, deploying and running a production system
- Understanding and monitoring the entire stack’s technology on which the application runs
- Azure DevOps, automated build and deployment process based on the CD/CI tools provided in the Azure DevOps and using internal private cloud
- Infrastructure as code. Developing automated confirmation management based on Ansible to be able to automate setup of our VMs (e.g. certificates, monitoring tools)
- Various technologies including, but not limited to Ansible, RHEL, Azure DevOps tools, shell scripting
What you’ll bring to the team
- Experience: Minimum 4 years experience in a similar role (Operations Engineer, System Administrator, Application Administrator) focused on Automation, Integration and Configuration Management
- Tech stack/ knowledge:
- Bash/Shell, Docker, Azure DevOps, Ansible
- Knowledge of scripting languages (bash, ksh, python)
- Knowledge of Linux server administration (crontab, processes, files, user access, etc.)
- Experience with different Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery tools
- Troubleshoot issues and solve incidents related to application and tools
- Backup/restore application, configuration and database
- Nice to have: database knowledge
- Foreign languages: English (advanced)
- Education: nice to have Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an IT related field
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus up to two salaries
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
- CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc.