Process Owner – Venue Management FM eServices
Employee | Wholesale Banking | Professional | Netherlands | Amsterdam | 2024-02-12 | REQ-10068608
ING Financial Markets (FM), as part of ING Wholesale Banking, is the bank’s gateway to wholesale financial markets around the world. Our primary function is to provide ING’s clients with products, services, and guidance in the realm of markets. We aim to be a significant player in the bank’s home markets and in selected ‘challenger’ markets. We maintain a presence in all major international markets and have specialist expertise in selected emerging markets and products.
FM eServices is a department within FM Business Management. Our purpose is to provide global market access to electronic trading venues to all global FM and Group Treasury (GT) hubs. This is achieved by centrally managing our market making and liquidity taking relationships. We enable venue trading in a controlled and compliant manner throughout the venue life-cycle. We aim to provide a smooth experience for onboarding and offboarding to electronic venues and services for internal and external clients. To that end, we hold the admin role to all venue access to secure least privilege access. The eServices department consists of a Centre of Excellence (COE) in Amsterdam and one execution location in Bratislava (Slovakia).
As the Process Owner for Venue Management, you are responsible for supporting and maintaining FM’s portfolio of trading venues. You will act as gatekeeper for accepting new venues into BAU operational support. The activity of Venue Management entails creating, improving, operationalizing and managing the various processes that support our venue usage.
As a Process Owner Venue Management:
- You maintain our venue memberships and perform operational processes to on- and offboard clients and users to our venues, together with the support team in Bratislava.
- You support the FM eServices Venue Manager in creating a robust vision, strategy and roadmap of Business as Usual (BaU) and On-Offboarding Epics, enhancing and harmonizing global processes.
- You have in-depth knowledge of the processes within your domain and are the go-to person when information and/or solutions are required, especially in critical or exceptional cases.
- You recognize and trigger necessary transformations and are able to give input in Change/BaU Epics.
- You are responsible for 1st line quality assurance, ensuring the output’s quality and the efficiency of throughput testing.
- You are responsible for process compliance regarding internal and external regulations or policies, while also focusing on handling time (operational costs) and the agreement of our services with our (business) clients Financial Markets and Group Treasury.
- You are responsible for the development of craftsmanship – how the processes should be executed, in line with ING’s Orange Code.
Your role as Process Owner is pivotal, especially when new requirements emerge, or enhancements are identified. You ensure the processes under your stewardship are effectively managed and continuously improved.
Main roles and responsibilities
As Process Owner:
- You are the first point of contact for the Front Office (Sales, Trading and GT), eServices Venue Support Team and other stakeholders/departments on Venue Onboarding related matters.
- You manage stakeholders and collect & address feedback periodically (continuous service improvement).
- You are responsible for Quality Assurance (e.g., Workplace Instructions approval) and sign-off/accept process changes (e.g., Pega workflow tool).
- You analyse the performance statistics (e.g., E.G. or other tools) and advise management on capacity requirements.
- You maintain and continuously update your knowledge base relevant to your team members at the execution location, particularly concerning new regulations and their implications on processes.
- As Process Specialist (process execution) your expertise is available to the Change Team.
When accepting changes or new processes, you:
- Align clear priorities in collaboration with the Venue Management leadership.
- Estimate BaU impact in terms of capacity & knowledge and share this with the change team.
- Review and sign off on relevant documentation like Epic Description Documents (EDDs), Workplace Instructions (WPIs), training and technical requirements, etc.
- Work closely with the Epic owner to proactively involve all stakeholders necessary to actualize the Epic.
As Process Owner Venue Management, you are the gatekeeper for FM and GT related Trade Venues, such as Bloomberg, Tradeweb, 360T, FXALL, etc., that are used by ING FM and GT locations around the globe. Operating with the Execution Team in Bratislava, Slovakia, you are part of a global process. The Market Access Committee (MAC) acts as governing body to ensure the onboarding, maintenance, and offboarding of venues are in line with agreed criteria/procedures and/or applicable ING and external policies, rules, and regulations. This forum is chaired by eServices.
As Process Owner Venue Onboarding, you:
- Are service oriented towards Front Office regarding Onboarding requests and its Governance and processes.
- Challenge the status quo; recognize that solutions that were effective in the past may need to evolve to meet current challenges.
- Always ask yourself the questions, “What is it that we do?”, “Why are we doing it?” and “How are we doing it?”
- Are continuously looking to improve and refine our way of working.
We are looking for
A colleague with a talent for taking on challenges and making things happen, enthusiasm for helping others succeed, and a knack for staying one step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast-changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
Your personal profile
- Proactive and prepared, can-do, on top of your process with no surprises, positive mind-set, genuine team player.
- Self-starting and e-driven mentality, hands-on, pragmatic and able to support, explain and stimulate growth in others.
- Strong communication, influencing and analytical skills.
- The ability to facilitate decision-making to drive complex design issues to a conclusion.
- Strong organisational sensitivity: ability to understand and take into account the underlying issues, opportunities and dynamics of an international organisation with multiple functional and hierarchical lines, dealing with multiple (sometimes conflicting) interests.
- Strong capability to initiate and build long term sustainable stakeholder relationships.
- The ability to display flexibility to teams and adapt the plan, approach and behaviour to different needs, cultures and situations.
- A strong resilience: the ability to navigate through ambiguity and simplify complexity without losing essence.
Competencies and experience:
- 4-7 Years working experience in the financial sector, preferably in a front office (related) role in financial markets.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing) and experienced in working in an international environment.
- Experienced in process management and working with outsourcing locations/delivery centres.
- Skilled in Excel and PowerPoint and able to present your work and ideas structured and clear.
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions here.
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 36 or 40 hour workweek
- Individual leave: 24+2 individual holiday days based on 36 hr workweek
- Diversity leave: 3 days per year (1,5 paid, 1,5 unpaid)
- CSR days: up to 2 days per year to actively engage in society by volunteering
- 13th month salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- Mobility card
- Attractive pension scheme
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
Please note, multiple interview steps involving various business stakeholders will be part of the selection process.
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us and apply today!