Product Manager at Bank Mendes Gans
Employee | Products Management | Professional | Netherlands | Amsterdam | 2023-10-16 | REQ-10059763
As a Product Manager, you will contribute to BMG becoming the bank which provides top notch services and products for our customers in Netting and Cash Pool. Together with the Product Owner, you lead and manage the end-to-end customer journeys from design to development and implementations in this field. The core in these journeys is not about what BMG wants to build, it is about what value we want to deliver to our customers.
Bank Mendes Gans (BMG) as an organization
BMG is a niche bank for liquidity and information management services, providing customized global liquidity management solutions for multinational corporate companies around the globe. BMG serves its multinational client base with an integrated range of liquidity and information management services supported by a high level of professionalism and personal service. BMG is a full subsidiary of ING and is part of ING Wholesale Banking.
BMG Company culture
- A customer centric and result driven mentality with professional, high-quality standards
- An organization that values initiative and entrepreneurship
- A true hands-on mentality
- An informal working environment
Your work field
In close alignment with our stakeholders you will work on continuous improvement of our financial reporting in the Data & Regulatory area. Data & Regulatory provides relevant, high quality business information as a single source of truth to various internal stakeholders, ING and regulators to enable data-driven decision making and to support efficient and effective internal business processes.
This broad scope requires you to be able to switch fast and to connect analytical skills to practices. You really want to mean something for BMG customers and internal stakeholders. You get energized by completing customer journeys and deliver impactful results to the customer. Additionally, you have tangible experience with process improvements, and you are able to stand for the quality and development of your product.
What are you going to do
In daily close collaboration with your squad and business representatives, you are continuously working on designing, developing and implementing product improvements driven by fact-based (customer) insights. The goal is creating the desired value and outcomes for our clients. You also ensure that successful propositions are implemented and secured in the operational processes of BMG. The process of defining and setting up a customer journey is in full development. You focus on continuous improvement of the customer journey process, so BMG can help the customer to fulfil their business needs
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
You are an enthusiastic professional who gets energy from working on concrete and tangible results. You like achieving this by working together with multidisciplinary team(s) and jointly taking responsibility in realizing the purpose of your squad. At the same time, you find it important that everyone has their own responsibility and that you can apply your own expertise to achieve the end result. Customer centricity is your primary driver. In short, you take the initiative and operate independently, but you also attach equal importance to cooperation and the joint achievement of the objectives. You are driven to continually develop and / or broaden your own expertise. You are an example and stimulator of the new culture (Orange Code) and the BMG Way of Working.
Furthermore, you have:
- Current residency in the Netherlands
- Understanding the Dutch language is preferable, as the majority of the team often communicates in Dutch and you easily join conversation
- Master degree preferably in Finance, Economics or Business administration
- 3+ years relevant experience financial reporting as a Customer Journey Expert or Product Management and a proven track record in customer journeys analytics
- Flexible in your working hours because of our global customers in Asia and the States
- You are analytically strong and can structure complex problems. Your analysis gives a clear view on potential for improvement and out-of-the-box thinking comes natural to you
- You are solutions oriented, capable to explain complex topics in an understandable way. Driven and customer focused, loving to collaborate with different people
- You translate qualitative insights into relevant and impactful propositions and improvements; This enables you to connect different disciplines within BMG
- Excellent in stakeholder management (like IT, Operations and the front office)
Please note that without a suitable cover letter we cannot process your application.
Do you want to be our new colleague at within the Customer Journey Expert team at BMG? We are looking forward to meet you! Please submit your cover letter, explaining why you are interested in joining BMG specific (not ING) and how we can help you further in your career and how your experience will enhance out team, and of course your most recent CV.
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions here.
The benefits of working with us at ING/BMG include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 36 or 40 hour workweek
- Individual leave: 24+2 individual holiday days based on 36 hr workweek
- Diversity leave: 3 days per year (1,5 paid, 1,5 unpaid)
- CSR days: up to 2 days per year to actively engage in society by volunteering
- 13th month salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- Mobility card
- Attractive pension scheme
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us and apply today!