QA Automation Engineer | D W H Area @ING Bank
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-11-21 | REQ-10065449
Discover ING Bank
ING believes in a world where everyone has the right to grow and progress in their own way. We express this in our global tagline, “do your thing”. Perhaps more than in any other large company, we extend our belief in the power of autonomy to our own people. But there’s a catch. We expect our people to leverage the granted freedom in ways that will delight our customers, our stakeholders, and improve ING at large.
Working here implies being surrounded by people who are energetic, ambitious, friendly, and respectful: talented specialists who take the responsibility and autonomy to make great things happen. We stay curious, thrive on change, and seek new and better ways to make it happen. Active in Romania for more than 25 years, ING Bank pioneered and challenged the local banking industry.
Technology and innovation are at the core of what we do, making our products relevant for our customers’ lives and businesses.
Currently, ING is the 4th bank in the local markets, based on the assets and is a universal bank with 1,6 million clients from three business segments: individual clients (Retail), SMEs and Mid-Corporate clients and Wholesale Banking.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer that will work within the ING – Data Warehouse department, in a team which offers IT services to ING Bank Romania.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work on multiple developments in relation with Data Warehouse application, complying with several business needs, on the technical area, the functional area, as well as on the non-functional and methodology area. You will be member of an Agile team working in squads for various business delivery purposes: regulatory reporting, local reporting, technical improvements.
- Understand the business requirements, functional analysis and change tasks;
- Create test plan and design test cases;
- Create and execute (manual or automated) sanity and functional/non-functional tests (performance, security, different access means/ channels)
- Update and maintain the integration (regression) test plan as defined and /or updated during testing new test cases identified;
- Report, record, escalate if needed and trace all discovered errors/bugs;
- Provide feedback and propose improvements for user experience designs;
- Contribute together with the rest of the team to continuous improvements of the development process;
- Provide support for production and UAT incidents;
- Provide necessary documentation for application lifecycle;
- Participate in application planning meetings.
What you bring to the team
- University degree (IT, engineering background);
- SQL scripting – advanced level;
- Abstract thinking;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Attention to details and ability to organize work;
- Communication skills (in writing and verbally);
Nice to have
- +5 years experience experience in Data Warehouse applications testing using Informatica, SSIS, Shell Scripting, PL/SQL, Data Stage or Ab Initio on multiple platforms.
- Experience with change management and defect tracking tools;
- Experience with test automation;
- Experience with Anomaly Detection test cases;
- Data masking and sub-setting techniques;
- Knowledge of CI/CD for integration and testing;
- High standards of confidentiality; ability to handle sensitive information with integrity and trust;
- Working experience according to Agile methodology.
What we offer
- Impactful work in a fun and collaborative environment;
- Open-concept offices designed for both team work and relaxation;
- Corporate events and social gatherings;
- Hybrid way of working with flexible working schedule and short week options;
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform;
- Extra annual leave days depending on the total length of working experience;
- Growth opportunities through upskilling/ reskilling programs and a variety of learning and development platforms: ING Learning Centre, Udemy, Bookster, as well as through trainings and certifications;
- Possibility to access Internal roles, International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments;
- Context to make an impact through Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility projects.