Research & UX Designer - Wholesale Banking Advanced Analytics @ING Hubs Romania
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-11-06 | REQ-10060539
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
At ING, your desk is where the wifi is | 88% of our colleagues in Romania agree
As a Research & UX Designer at ING Analytics you will help Wholesale Banking Analytics understand our customers for external products and internal products that make us more data informed. You will build a deep understanding of our users' needs, goals and workflows, turning qualitative and quantitative user research into insights, opportunities and deliverables which will shape the future of ING.
Together with your teammates, you will ensure we are building a platform that empowers everyone at ING to make rapid, data-informed, empathic decisions. Next to that, you will be part of a group of amazing frontrunners with a mission to make research & design an integral part of ING's product development worldwide.
Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
- Work closely with a cross-functional, geographically distributed team of data scientists, service designers, product managers, designers and engineers across Romania, Poland, England and The Netherlands.
- Define, plan, and conduct exploratory user research, including supporting the work of product managers eager to learn about research in a B2B setting.
- Apply rigorous analysis to understand and document complex workflows and processes.
- Deliver compelling insights, stories and deliverables to help drive evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice and contribute to the wider research community at ING.
- Conduct user research to gain insights into developer behaviors, pain points, and requirements. Use a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods to inform design decisions, validate assumptions, and ensure the delivery of user-centric solutions.
- Collaboration: Work closely with developers, product managers, and stakeholders to define product strategies and priorities for the teams.
- Propose innovative solutions to streamline workflows, reduce complexity, and enhance usability. Ensure the feasibility of design solutions and deliver a cohesive user experience.
- Create and maintain design documentation, including user flows, personas, and journey maps to facilitate the understanding of design concepts by key stakeholders.
- Prototype concepts to validate your ideas and product directions.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Experience: 5+ years in user research field
- Tech stack/ knowledge:
- Proven experience in user research, with expertise in exploratory qualitative research to identify needs and problems, and workflow and task analysis.
- Ability to create common user experience tasks like:
- Presentation skills
- Senior stakeholder management skills
- Analytical thinking
- Excels in communication and design skills
- Understands product thinking
- Focus on human-centered design
- Design degree
- Nice to have:
- Visual design skills, copywriting, data analysis, a/b testing.
- Foreign languages: English (advanced)
- Education: at least Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an IT related field
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working (hybrid schedule with 1 day WFO/ week)
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
- CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc.