Senior Android Developer - Mobile OneApp @ING Hubs Romania
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Cluj-Napoca | 2023-09-14 | REQ-10048761
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
At ING, we believe the road to success is never straight | 92% of our colleagues in Romania agree
The Android Chapter is part of the first mobile development department within ING Hubs Romania.
At the moment, we are a team of 7 Android engineers, including a Chapter Lead, and we’re working on ING’s OneApp project. OneApp is the Internet banking mobile application used in ING Group’s market leader countries: Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany.
Our day to day work means maintaining, improving and adding new functionalities to the modules we a responsible for within several areas of the mobile application - Mobile Payments, Digital Engagement, Self Service – while closely collaborating with colleagues from above mentioned countries.
Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
- You will be a key member of one of the teams working at one (or more) of the ING OneApp modules
- You will be representing the mobile chapter to counterparties from the ING Group
- You will take part in the integration and deployment of modules in different countries
- You will set up and design various form of UI and unit tests
- You will be able to learn and share the knowledge with your colleagues from the mobile community, both in Romania and abroad, via tech talks
- You will interact with various leadership levels of the organization
- You will work closely with the other members of the chapter to ensure that best practices are being used in the implementation of the product at all stages
What you’ll bring to the team
- Experience: at least 4 years of experience as an Android Developer
- Tech stack/ knowledge:
- Android development using Kotlin
- hands-on experience with highly customized UI design
- hands-on experience with CI (knowledge of industry-standard tools Gradle, Azure etc.)
- hands-on experience with test driven development, test automation and UI Test Automation (Espresso)
- hands-on experience in modular architecture
- Nice to have:
- agile methodology
- Foreign languages: English (advanced)
- Education: nice to have Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an IT related field
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus up to two salaries
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
- CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc.