Service Desk Specialist @ ING Hubs Ro
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2024-02-12 | REQ-10069282
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration and Core Banking.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
v At ING, we're building the solutions of tomorrow, today | 80% of our colleagues in Romania agree
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people..
Your day to day
- Service desk Specialist is primarily responsible for finding solutions, workarounds and/or fixes in order to maintain and improve the functionality of the systems as part of the 1st line support;
- Responsible for physical hardware deployment, OS / software install, hardware/software support for office equipment (laptops/desktops, printers, mobile phones, tablets etc.)
- Registers incidents/problems/requests received by phone/e-mail/ticketing system;
- Escalates the issues to the 2nd/3rd line of support (internal or external), if the case, records the solutions, workarounds and the steps taken in order to solve the problem in the recording service and notifies the user when the issue is solved;
- Produce and keep up to date different documents and procedures that are in relation with his/her area of support, records new solutions in the Knowledge database and acts proactively, providing a report with the possible future issues that can arise in his/her area of expertise and the solutions to prevent those problems;
- Participate in design and improvement processes;
- Proactively identify issues within the environment and resolve them;
- Manage and prioritize issues and bugs with vendor and internal teams;
- Manage Problem management process for incidents;
- Create scripts to simplify processes and improve alerting;
- Troubleshoots software and/or infrastructure issues as necessary, including hands-on correction of problems and working with necessary support teams to solve issues;
- Participate in DR/BCP plans;
- Working in an ITIL environment.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience;
- Microsoft Windows 7/10 knowledge, Microsoft Office knowledge, basic networking knowledge;
- Hardware issues troubleshoot (laptops/desktops, printers, phones etc.);
- Active Directory knowledge, Scripting knowledge (PowerShell), Unix and virtualization basic knowledge will be an advantage;
- Organized person, focused, able to work under pressure responding to critical incidents calmly, but effectively and capable to meet certain deadlines;
- Ability to work within the team;
- Good organizational skills and commitment to fast follow through.