Tech Class September 2024
Employee | Tech | Professional | Netherlands | Amsterdam | 2024-02-15 | REQ-10069274
Are you completing your Masters’ or PhD degree from a university in 2024? Do you want to make an excellent career move into the Tech industry? Then join the ING Tech Class, beginning on 1st of September 2024. We are looking for top IT engineers to join us!
If required, we can take care of sponsorship & relocation.
Working at ING
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart. The bank is becoming an ever-more tech-driven organisation with an outstanding engineering culture. Our mission is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business and provide products & services that make our customers’ life easier. In order to achieve our ambitious goals, we need the very best people, not only experienced professionals, but also the very best starters. The growth of your career is fully dependent on your talent, effort and ambition. The environment allows for many opportunities.
What is the Tech Class program
The Tech Class offers you the possibility to explore your engineering skills in one year. In this year you will get three personal and one group assignment within different departments of ING. We will make sure you experience different lines of business and work with different techniques such as backend, frontend, ops, etc. In the personal assignments you will be working with an existing and experienced agile team. In the group assignment you will work with Tech Class colleagues on an innovation challenge. For the whole first year you will have a dedicated coach and weekly sessions with the Tech Class group. Based on your performance in the first year ING will offer you a permanent contract.
Examples of rotations where you can work:
- Real-time pricing systems
- Payment engines and order managers (handling real-time or batch processing)
- Channels development, achieving the best user experience
- Data lake completeness and traceability of streaming data
- High performance computing
- API development
- Automation of tests and operational procedures
- Site reliability engineering
Besides many opportunities to grow personally and professionally there are more benefits to working at ING:
- We offer a gross monthly salary of 3.746,92 (based on 40/h week);
- 13th month salary;
- 8% Holiday payment;
- 216 hours of holiday per year based on a 40 hour working week;
- Home workstation and mobile phone budget;
- Mobility budget;
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- Travel reimbursement;
- Pension scheme;
- Permanent contract after the 1st year contract (depending on performance);
- Sponsorship for non-EU citizens.
On top of that we offer personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions in an informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best. Discover all our employment conditions here.
Who are we looking for?
- Technical Master or PhD Graduates from a University in 2023 or will graduate before September 2024. Preference for Computer Science, Information Technology or related.
- Strong software development skills, coding included
- No more than 2 years of work experience
- Passion for information technology
- English language proficiency
- Ability to handle challenging technical assignments, involving either legacy or state-of-the-art technology
You can apply for the Tech Class providing your CV, motivation letter and grade lists (Bachelor and Master until now). All documents should be in English.
After a screening phase, you will be invited to complete an online technical assessment. The results will then be analyzed by a Management Committee together with your application documents. In case of a positive assessment, you will be invited for one of our selection days in May at our headquarters in Amsterdam. The start of the Tech Class contract is 1 September 2024.
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.