Technical Business Analyst - PSS SEPA @ ING Hubs RO
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-11-20 | REQ-10063248
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
- At ING, we believe the road to success is never straight | 92% of our colleagues in Romania agree
NextGen ISO20022 - CBPR+ and OMIS
NextGen Global Messaging Standards is the program that facilitates the move to the new ISO XML message exchange standard.
In March 2023, SWIFT began migrating all cross-border and many-to-many payments onto ISO20022. This decision comes after large scale community consultation that took in feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders. The start date of this migration in 2023 is aligned with the adoption of ISO20022 of the Eurozone’s high value payments systems (T2 Consolidation).
The migration will start with an incremental switch that allows for a hybrid approach between 2023 and 2025. During this time, banks from all over the world will be able to communicate via SWIFT in both standards
Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
- Promote an agile atmosphere within teams by emphasizing nimble action in service of constant customer focus.
- Working as a partner with the local countries in supporting their challenges
- Acting as technical liaison between local countries and central entities
- Document "as is" and "to be" processes and describe the changes required to migrate to the "to be" capability to record accurately the change required.
- Facilitate delivery of Features together with the Squads, aligning epics and sprints.
- Slice features into stories and refine together with squads where needed
- Explore and develop a detailed understanding of external developments or emerging issues and contribute to the evaluation of their potential impact on, or usefulness to, the organization
- Advise others on how to design new processes and systems that meet professional standards.
- Facilitate the delivery of the integrated roadmap and escalate concerns or issues to management.
- Contribute to stakeholder engagement through identifying stakeholders, finding out their needs/issues/concern and reacting to these by arranging meetings and events and drafting supporting materials to promote understanding and commitment.
What you’ll bring to the team
- 5+ years in the banking industry or payments services or as IT analyst with focus on SWIFT payments area
- Good knowledge of payments (MT - ISO15022 standard AND MX – ISO20022 standard) and current developments in the market
- Understanding of and experience with cross border (international) payments and reporting
- Good collaboration skills with stakeholders as well as development teams, identification of and communication with stakeholders
- Understand complex information, architectures, and system interdependencies. Have a rich and deep understanding of root causes versus symptoms.
- Be able to learn while experimenting and consolidate new knowledge in order to be shared with others.
- Open to handle shifting demands and quick to adapt.
- Nice to have:
- Experience with MX messages (ISO20022)
- 10+ years’ experience in feature engineering or customer journeys for the banking industry or payments services
- High level technical expertise
- Experience with market leading banking software
- Foreign languages: English (advanced)
- Education: nice to have Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an IT related field