Technical Data Information Analyst @ ING Hubs Romania
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2024-01-15 | REQ-10062568
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies. Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
At ING, we're building the solutions of tomorrow, today | 80% of our colleagues in Romania agree
We are looking for a strong developer who is technically passionate, solution-focused and able to contribute to the design, development, test automation, and hardening our trading applications.
Your day to day
Collaborate with Business Data Owners, Data Stewards, and Stakeholders to examine and understand their data points.
Work with Data Consumers to understand their requirements and make sure they are expressed in ING’s global data language.
Execute the Global Data Definition process according to agreed principles and quality criteria, in an Agile way of working (Spotify model)
Support the Data Modelers in creating conceptual models to enable data requirements received from global consumers (mapping sources to targets)
Deliver and maintain Global (ING Esperanto) Business Terms, Conceptual / Logical and Physical Data Models and additional documentation needed for shipping the product towards the Data Lakes
Create and test functional and technical mappings from source to target and support the usage of data models in ING units.
Support, coach and train colleagues on adopting and implementing our models.
Report on the progress and communicate the dependencies and impediments to stakeholders.
Contribute to existing principles, standards, guidelines and way of working to continuously improve them.
Support defining requirements for Data Quality, Data Lineage and Data Governance
Solve complex IT problems and challenges by creating solution designs.
What you’ll bring to the team
Experience: minimum of 3+ years of working experience in IT process and/or tooling implementation
Tech stack/ knowledge:
· Consulting mindset including an ability to think about Data Management in a way that is abstracted from how business functions currently operate.
· Design Thinking, which enables big-picture view but also the attention to details required for in-depth analyses.
· Intermediate understanding and experience around Data Management, Data Warehousing, Data modeling technics, Data Architecture, Data Mapping, Data Profiling with Agile way of Working
· Strong Knowledge of SQL
· You have strong communication, presentation, networking and influencing skills.
· You share and adhere to the ING values of honesty, prudence and responsibility.
· You actively seek help and feedback but are also not afraid to give feedback.
· You are comfortable to work in an ever-changing environment and can inspire others to apply problem solving solutions when dealing with challenges.
· You are an energetic & approachable professional.
· You focus on delivery through collaboration, ability to bring people together to work towards the same purpose.
· Good knowledge of Financial Market products
-Nice to have:
· Proven banking & product knowledge: Finance and/or Risk experience enabling understanding of banking products and their attributes.
· You have experience in guiding and realizing regulatory/processes changes and translating regulatory requirements into functional designs and/or processes.
· Working experience writing queries using Hive
Foreign languages: English (advanced)
Education: Nice to have bachelor’s degree (or higher) in an IT related field