User Experience Designer
Employee | Products Management | Professional | Belgium | Brussels | 2023-11-17 | 069017
User Experience Designer
ING is looking for a User Experience Designer at the Design Center of Expertise. The CoE is the home for all designers in Belgium. You will be part of a passionate team of UX designers, researchers and copyrighters creating the best digital experience for all our customers and employees.
A Day in the life of a UX designer
· Work on small, medium, and large/complex digital initiatives through partnership with Product Area Leads, business stakeholders and developers.
· Design and deliver user experience artefacts in a user centric way.
· Initiate research and data collection aimed at a surfacing underlying customer insight and needs and testing and validating concept designs.
· Contribute to the direction and development of concepts, solution opportunities, and design rationale to team members and stakeholders.
· Act as an advocate for user experience across ING, increasing engagement and business understanding of the value and benefits of design, and effectively communicating research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rational.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
· Have at least 3 years of experience working in a digital design role
· You have a master degree or are qualified with relevant experience
· Have strong working knowledge of information architecture, task flow models, UI specs, design specs, wireframing, prototyping and user-centred design principles
· You are not afraid to ask critical questions, base you designs on data and takes an (pro)active approach to design
· Must have technical skills and experience across Figma
· Has written and spoken fluency in English
Position only open for candidates who are interested in an employee contract - no freelance options.
As a UX designer, you will have the opportunity to
· Working and learning with a highly motivated team of design professionals in a dynamic environment
· Learn from experts in the team and develop your design skills, ING will also help you to grow through specific trainings
· Benefit from a competitive salary tailored to your qualities and experience
· Be part of the +250 designers community of ING designers around the globe, have passionate exchange with them on solving user experience challenge
The (Unite) Design Center of Expertise started in January 2020 and is a spin-out of the Tribe Digital Retail (formerly known as Omnichannel Experience).
We are experts in Service design, User Experience design, Interaction design, Visual design, User research and Usability validation. At the Design CoE we are building a high-quality user experience and design practice. We initiate and document best practice design methodology, patterns, style guides and the creation of high-quality artefacts. Together with the design departments in other ING countries we co-develop the ING design system.
Together with Business and IT, we are committed to deliver the best digital experience for today’s and tomorrow’s customer. This is our mandate.
This is what we believe: Good design is good business!
The Center of expertise is a centralized place for all designers to ensure alignment and optimization of this scarce but crucial resource.
Our purpose is to be the leading creative force that can solve any challenge.