Development Engineer Mainframe/Cobol
Employee | Tech | Professional | 2023-09-19 | REQ-10061946
In order to enforce the IT department, ING Luxembourg is looking for a full time Development Engineer on a permanent contract in the domain of « Payments ».
In an Agile/DevOps environment organized in Tribes & Squads, your role is to contribute to the completion of the backlog dedicated to your squad (change & run activities). As a Cobol developer, you will be responsible to design, develop, test and deliver solutions/applications assigned to the Payments domain.
This involves the implementation of the following activities:
- Autonomous support of the « backlog » users story of your team by strictly respecting to the business specifications and the standards in terms of performance, availability and security;
- Support the team on the maintenance of the payment engine, especially on the control rules and on the incoming and outgoing payment messages;
- Writing and execution of automated tests (unit test, functional / non-functional, integration test, …);
- Resolution of incidents linked to the payment applications;
- Being the IT Custodian of some assets in relation to IT Risk management;
- Active participation in various « Agile » development events;
- Continuous improvement of your own technical (multi-skills) and functional expertise.
Competencies / Behaviour:
- Ability to take initiatives and responsibilities;
- Good team spirit, rigor and precision;
- Ability to adapt and anticipate;
- Customer/result oriented;
- Ability to work in an Agile / DevOps collaborative environment (Agile/Scrum, testing);
- Ability to learn and transmit knowledge / coach;
- Constant openness to the latest trends and technical evolutions.
- Languages/Framework : COBOL, SQL, JCL;
- Database : DB2, Oracle;
- Operating systems : zOS, TSO/MVS, Windows, Linux;
- Software : TSO, Compuware Topaz, SPUFI, Filemanager, Abend-Aid;
- Testing (test scenario identification, test cases execution and follow-up).
- Master or Bachelor degree in IT, with at least 2 years of experience in COBOL and SQL development.
- Fluency of French or English AND good comprehension of the other.
Your working environment
With over 1000 employees in the Grand Duchy and thanks to the combination of our local presence and the strength of a robust multinational like ING, we offer our personal and business customers a wide range of solutions through the channel of their choice.
ING is a global bank with a strong European base. 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Operating in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 1960 as a universal and accessible bank, our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages for retail and private banking customers, whom we sever serve online and through our network of branches. For our Wholesale Banking clients, we provide lending, sustainable finance, payment & cash management and fund services.