Head of Credit Risk Management
Employee | Risk Management | Manager/Expert | 2022-08-03 | 064486
Head of Credit Risk Management (m/f)
As part of a replacement in its Credit Risk Management (CRM) department, ING Luxembourg is recruiting a Head of Credit Risk Management (m/f).
Inside the “Risk, Legal and Compliance department” (around 75 employees), the “Credit Risk Management” department assures the management of the credit risk in general, including in particular portfolio management and reporting, credit files’ analysis and decision, credit policy definition, close follow up of the high risk files, restructuring and recovery of non-performing loans, implementation of any new group policies and ensure compliancy with regulatory requirements.
Main responsibilities of the Credit Risk Management Department are:
- File analysis advise and decision (depending on mandate level) for all segments (corporate, mid-size, private banking and retail banking) and all products (from personal loan to syndicated credit, capital call, TRPP…),
- Credit Restructuring and Recovery,
- Credit Risk Support: implementation of policies and of credit processes in conformity with group instructions, taking into account local specificities. Follow up of the evolution of the credit portfolio (volume, ratings, etc.), provisions IFRS sign-off, diverse reporting to the group/regulator, closely collaborate on the delivery of regulatory and internal projects in particular in terms of enhancing of processes
- Credit Risk Management: participate in modeling/recalibration activities (PD, LGD, and EAD for local customers), ICAAP, …
- Personally, the Head of Credit Risk Management also has credit decision mandates; he is in particular co-decision-maker in the credit committee of the bank.
As Head of Credit Risk Management, your main missions will be:
- Credit Risk Organization within the bank,
- Credit decisions within the delegated mandates, which involves membership in several committees within the bank,
- Active participation in the development of new credit products and in the enhancing of related processes,
- Participation in forums and other Risks meetings,
- Re-rating of the customers/counterparties,
In collaboration with the CRO and the key stakeholders, enhance in particular the department organization and all governance related topics.
Competencies / Behavior
- Ability to represent the team internally and within the ING Group,
- Team spirit, proactivity, pragmatism, structure and problem solving oriented,
- Decisional ability.
- University Degree in economics and business administration or finance,
- Minimum a 10-year experience in banking, especially in the Credit Risk Management field,
- Ideally 2 or 3-year experience in management.
- Fluency in English and French mandatory, knowledge of Dutch or German would be considered an asset.
Your working environment
With over 900 employees in the Grand Duchy and thanks to the combination of our local presence and the strength of a robust multinational like ING, we offer our personal and business customers a wide range of solutions through the channel of their choice.
ING is a global bank with a strong European base. 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Operating in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 1960 as a universal and accessible bank, our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages for retail and private banking customers, whom we sever serve online and through our network of branches. For our Wholesale Banking clients, we provide lending, sustainable finance, payment & cash management and fund services.