Financial Risk Expert (m/f)
Employé / CDI | Risques / Risk Management | Expérimentés | Luxembourg | 2020-06-15 | 057162
Financial Risk Expert (m/f)
In order to enforce the Market Risk Management department, ING Luxembourg is looking for a full time Financial Risk Expert on an permanent contract.
Who are we looking for ?
You are a senior employee with a good understanding of Financial Risks and Risk Analysis.
You are a team player who will add value to Market Risk Management organization within a dynamic environment.
You will ensure that the activities you are responsible for will be performed to an exceptional standard.
You are able to deal with cultural differences, conflicting interests, complex and unforeseen challenge, as well as to constructively cooperate with your peers in building a sustainable, effective and efficient working environment.
Mission & Dimensions
Within Risk Management department, the Market Risk Management is responsible for advising on global market risk appetite including interest rate, FX, credit and credit spread, client behavior and liquidity. The department is in charge of identifying, measuring, controlling and reporting the structural market risks within the Bank, in business as usual as well as under stress tests assumptions.
The offering role will consist in assisting the Head of Market Risk Management in the management of all risk categories and wider Risk Management function to ensure the bank is running safe and compliant businesses.
Successful candidate will contribute to risk reporting, assuring that the risk framework is set up and operating effectively, and he will also support the businesses in meeting their obligations, including regulatory, with regards to risk management.
Since ECB supervision at Group level in November 2014 requirements on liquidity, interest rate risk and risk appetite and concentrations have strongly increased. You will be responsible for ongoing development, management and implementation of policies, processes and models used across ING Group ensuring that they are fit for purpose for the Group requirements and aligned with the local business model and regulatory expectations.
- Monitoring and analysis of balance sheet risks, including clear risk analysis with explanations of variations and exceptions, linking them to the Bank’s business model and economic environment
- Support design and implementation of risk appetite frameworks, limit setting, allocation and monitoring
- Participation and implementation of the global stress testing program, eg liquidity stress testing, IRRBB framework, solvency stress testing, bank wide stress testing
- Perform activities related to ICLAAP
- Prepare advice on management of financial risks and presentation for senior stakeholders
- Support the production of new regulatory reports as well as developing and adapting existing processes to ensure completeness, correctness and timely submission of Group and regulatory reports,
- Participation / leading (change) projects
- Training of junior team members in order to globally improve the level of competencies and expertise within the team
- Collaboration with key stakeholders across the business, i.e. Finance, Financial Markets & Group Treasury, and at Group level in order to provide appropriate risk input and perspective,
Master degree in engineering, economics, mathematics or finance.
Previous experience in a financial risk management role,
Advanced knowledge of MS Office : Excel, Access and Powerpoint, including VBA
Experience of delivery and support financial models
Understanding and expertise of European regulations, ie Basel 4, CRRs
Fluent in English and French, written and oral
Competencies / Behaviour :
You are someone who…
has strong analytical and numerical skills (breakdown of complex issues in manageable pieces
is able to identify and solve complex problems independently and with experienced staff, also involving the appropriate parties,
is result-driven and is able to push things forward in a persistent and constructive manner,
is well structured, autonomous, highly adaptive, flexible team player
has good communication skills,
has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences,
is well organized, respects deadlines and planning (is thriving while working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment)
is decisive and resilient
Your working environment
ING is one of the world’s leading financial groups. With more than 53,000 employees, ING provides banking, insurance and asset management services to more than 48 million clients in 40 countries.
In Luxembourg, our clients are private individuals, small companies and major corporations, as well as institutions. ING Luxembourg employs nearly 800 people and offers a vast range of financial services (banking, insurance, leasing and asset management).