Retail Financial Crime Compliance Officer (m/f)
Employé / CDI | Conformité / Juridique / Fiscalité | Expérimentés | 2023-02-06 | 067861
Retail Financial Crime Compliance Officer (m/f)
ING Luxembourg is looking for a full-time Financial Crime Compliance officer to support the current Retail team.
As a Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) Officer, your purpose is to support the way of working defined for the local FCC team, consistent with the vision and strategy for ING Group as set by FCC centrally.
Within the FCC team, you share a collective responsibility identifying, managing and monitoring the Financial Crime risks.
You actively participate to the implementation of FCC related policies and procedures to support the business in complying with internal FCC policies and procedures and Luxembourg laws and regulations.
You also advise on risk appetite setting and translation thereof in compliance related processes.
At the same time, you assume your professional duties, not only from a local bank wide perspective but also towards the internal FCC community cross ING.
The FCC team consist of +/- 16 team members as part of the Compliance team.
You report hierarchically to the local Head of FCC-Retail and Head of FCC.
Your key responsibilities
As Retail FCC Officer
- You have good knowledge of Luxembourg requirements and international standards related to CDD/CFT/AML/Sanctions and CTI (Customer Tax Integrity);
- You actively maintain your knowledge of the industry practices & trends and ever changing FCC regulations, procedures and emerging issues and threats;
- You ensure that the ING FCC standards reflect both the letter and spirit of the locally applicable laws and regulations;
- You support the first line of defense (1LoD) with the adequate identification of all FCC related risks in their domain and you are able to challenge the 1LoD;
- You are responsible for advice on the on boarding of Retail Client, CDD review, off boarding… you will participate to the Acceptance committee. You should be able to detect any suspicion and take the appropriate measures.
- You are responsible alsofor oversight on the implementation and operating effectiveness of the FCC policies, procedures and controls to mitigate the identified risks in the organization;
- You are responsible for advising the 1LoD with regard to the formulation of their risk appetite statements based on the residual risks that flow from the risk identification- and oversight activities;
- You ensure collection of necessary information and evidence to enable effective monitoring of financial crime risks including issue tracking and effective collaboration with the Quality Assurance teams;
- You ensure collation and security of necessary information and evidence to enable effective assessment of any potential incidents and work in collaboration with the central investigations team as required;
- You are a subject matter expert and decision maker responsible for taking final decisions as well proposed solutions being implemented;
- You are an ambassador to raise awareness about FCC internally notably to the 1st LoD as well as externally;
Your key competencies
As a FCC Officer
- You are an Orange Code ambassador, with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and the drive for always being a step ahead;
- You are recognized for your integrity and moral judgment;
- You set the example with regards to the ING values by having a behaviour fully aligned to these values;
- You are an energetic, motivated and motivating person who can work as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- You work independently, think and act out of the box, you take challenge naturally;
- You stay continuously up to date with relevant developments (regulatory, societal expectations, modus operandi, emerging threats, RegTech, etc);
- You have the ability to be persistent and drive change in creative ways;
- You are a team player; you trust others and can be trusted;
- You maintain contacts with internal stakeholders and relevant external parties;
- You have the ability to interact with ING senior management and supervisory board (where applicable), as well as working with junior FCC staff and on detailed technical topics
- You stimulate cross-border interaction and alignment with FCC colleagues from other locations within ING;
- You give and ask constructive feedback;
Your technical skills and track record:
- You have a seasoned experienced profile more than 5 years in Compliance;
- You have a strong track record of advisory with regards to FCC related matters;
- You have analytical skills and sound judgement.
- You have a ‘can do’ mentality and are able to embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment;
- You have a university degree or equivalent;
- You have an excellent level of English (verbal/written);
- You have a curious and an innovative mindset;
- You have excellent collaboration skills and ability to work across functional and geographic lines;
- You are firm when needed and able to show flexibility when possible;
Your working environment
With over 1000 employees in the Grand Duchy and thanks to the combination of our local presence and the strength of a robust multinational like ING, we offer our personal and business customers a wide range of solutions through the channel of their choice.
ING is a global bank with a strong European base. 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Operating in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 1960 as a universal and accessible bank, our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages for retail and private banking customers, whom we sever serve online and through our network of branches. For our Wholesale Banking clients, we provide lending, sustainable finance, payment & cash management and fund services.