1st Line Gate Keeper
Medewerker | Financieel & Accounting | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2021-07-06 | REQ-10033667
You will work as a 1st Line of Defence Gatekeeper In the Global Process Management Unit.
You will take part in the design and implementation of global processes by identifying process risks, designing controls and supporting their implementation. You will improve the quality and usability of process and control documentation (e.g. process models and global control standards). You will challenge risk assessments and risks, control objectives and controls within the agreed ERM principles. You will coordinate the consultation process with relevant experts and ensure the involvement of global and local units (including policy and domain owners, 2nd Line of Defence, process leaders and participants, process experts) to ensure the appropriateness, completeness and cost of controls in relation to business impact.
You will act as a global coordinator of 1st Line of Defence process & control activities of relevant stakeholders; and provide quality assurance, knowledge, advice and training in designing process & control documentation and implementing it in ING.
Who are we looking for?
• You are knowledgeable about the different Financial and Non-Financial risk categories; and their relevance for banking processes and products;
• You are knowledgeable about defining controls in processes and supporting systems; you understand the impact of control requirements on the organisation (costs and benefits) and are able to play a challenging role for proposed controls;
• You are able to cope with ING’s complex environment and have the organizational maturity to ensure the right mix of content, seniority and organisational sensitivity;
• You have strong understanding of internal and external customer needs and are able to develop design solutions, communicate their benefits and implement them with business impact;
• You are creative and able to look at things from different angles; you are also persistent to ensure that control standards (that will be submitted to approval bodies) meet the high quality criteria of ING (stand firm in discussions with senior management);
• Your ambition is to continuously anticipate and adapt to the changing environment.
What will you do?
• As a Gatekeeper for the 1st Line of Defence, you identify risks in end-to-end processes, design controls that meet control objectives and manage identified risks, support the implementation of controls in global processes, provide guidance for local control implementation, design and maintain the methodology and support the planning of tests of design and effectivess
• You oversee the proper execution of the impact assessment of new regulations and other triggers for process and control design activities;
• You investigate reported deficiencies of control testing and non-compliance with agreed implementation and key control testing timelines;
• You manage the relation with relevant stakeholders, including Global Policy and Domain Owners, Global Process Leaders and 2nd LoD Gatekeepers;
• You support the Sounding Panel in deciding and reporting on the timely creation/adaption of control standards for new Policies; and in annual decision making on mandatory key control testing;
• You take care of advising the Bank NFRC on the approval of Global Control Standards;
• You coordinate the annual planning of Global Process Standards and submission of proposals to the Bank NFRC;
• You provide process and control trainings to ING employees (e.g. Policy and Domain Owners, 1st Line of Defence Gatekeepers in local units, Global Process leaders and process participants).
Your education, experience and background
• University degree;
• Experience of at least 5-7 years in the banking industry; knowledge of bank processes, procedures and systems; solid knowledge of (Non) Financial Risk and accompanying frameworks;
• Learning agility and innovative mindset;
• Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work across functional and geographic lines;
• Ability to achieve outcomes and find solutions while sticking to underlying principles;
• Strong analytical skills and sound judgment;
• Fluent in English (written and spoken); Dutch is a nice-to-have and not necessary;
• Effective stakeholder management; ability to build bridges and explain the rationale of the actions required;
• Organizational sensitivity;
• Working and acting according to ING’s Orange Code;
• Experience in working with Agile/Scrum would be a plus.