Business Learning Expert (NFR )
Medewerker | Project- / Programma- /Procesmanagement | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-11-18 | REQ-10031428
ING Corporate Compliance is looking to hire a Business Learning Expert for its Risk Academy team.
The Risk Academy is part of the Integrated Compliance (IC) Compliance People & Functional Processes team, a new department within Corporate Compliance.
As a Business Learning Expert your purpose is to actively support and lead on the design and delivery of impactful learning.
The Risk Academy team currently consists of 6 FTE in Amsterdam and London.
Would you like to work in an area that
• Is Addressing global learning needs?
• Requires working with stakeholders from across the bank?
• Where you can help make the bank more compliant and ethical?
• Where you can take as much responsibility and ownership as you desire?
Then this is your opportunity, please read on!
What will you do?
This role will concentrate on learning within the scope of Non Financial Risk (NFR department (i.e. ORM, IRM, CSI); focusing on identifying NFR learning needs and translating them into impactful learning interventions. It will lead on managing the learning offering for NFR topics within the Bank’s overall learning strategy. The role covers expanding and improving the learning material available to the business and building a comprehensive learning portfolio for NFR practitioners.
As a Business Learning Expert you will
• Oversee the learning offering on selected NFR topics
• Work with SMEs to undertake Learning Needs Analysis and thus identify learning projects to take forward
• Work with content owners and learning vendors to ensure learning is accessible and delivered in innovative and engaging way
• Support local NFR / learning teams -making them aware of global picture and guiding/supporting/directing to develop local add-ons to maximise impact across the bank
• Ensure appropriate reports are delivered to the right stakeholders
• Support the wider training agenda e.g. in workshops and conferences
Your work environment
• The Risk Academy team is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based inAmsterdam) (2nd LoD).
• The team works with key internal stakeholders and offers an environment which provides a global approach to how relevant learning requirements are delivered
• You are capable of working in a complex global and dynamic environment;
• You are an energetic, motivating person who can work as part of a multidisciplinary team;
• You work independently, think and act out of the box and take accountability;
• You are a team player, you trust others and can be trusted;
• You maintain contacts with stakeholders and external parties;
• You stimulate cross-border interaction and alignment;
• Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. (if based in Netherlands)
While this role sits within the Risk Academy, a range of skills and knowledge are applicable. Learning is constantly developing, and we are looking for someone who can fully exploit the opportunities offered by online learning delivery. Previous work in compliance, non-financial risk or risk is desirable and a willingness to learn about the more technical content essential. The candidate should have excellent project management, networking and coordination skills.
How to succeed
Must be able to
• Focus on impact of learning – see experience from learners’ perspective and design material that supports improvement in day to day risk management
• Think innovation – maximising new online and interactive ways to deliver existing messages and look to future to continually add value to business
• Present and write in English in a clear and persuasive way – explaining both global and local picture
• Deal with range of stakeholders – including senior stakeholders - to engage and create commitment
• Experience in designing and delivering training with a creative and engaging approach
• Academic qualifications in a relevant discipline, e.g. business, management, communications
• At least 8 years relevant experience
• Experience within compliance, non financial risk or other risk functions is desirable
You can evidence
• Intrinsic desire and drive, taking ownership and driving projects to success
• Drive to develop new digital learning solutions.
• Working as a Team player able within international setting and in virtual teams
• Networking and influencing across a range of stakeholders
• English language skills
What we offer
this role can be executed in Amsterdam or London
A job from 36 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING in Amsterdam:
• A salary tailored to your qualities and experience (Job Scale 10 or 11);
• Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home;
• Reimbursement for travel expenses;
• 4 vacation days with a 36-hour working week;
• Pension scheme;
• 13th month salary;
• Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary;
• 8% Holiday payment;
• Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to
realize your ambitions;
• An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best;
• Progressive way of working so that new ideas come to life.
• With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
• If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.