Chapter Lead Business Analyst (Global KYC)
Employee | Sales Support & Operations | Professional | Amsterdam | 2020-11-03 | REQ-10029602
Do you want to play an essential role in ensuring the good reputation of ING, and be in the first line of defence against money laundering and terrorist financing? Currently we are looking for a Chapter Lead Business Analyst (CLBA) for the Global Know Your Customer – PTM.
As the CLBA you are responsible for a group of business analysts in the PTM Run area. The BAs play an important role in the squads by connecting the business and IT together. The BAs you are responsible for, will take an active role in the refinement of the user stories and support the Product Owners (POs) by their extensive KYC process knowledge which ensures compliancy by design. Finally, the BAs define the roadmap and guarantee that the business requirements and non-functional requirements are translated to workable IT requirements. You yourself will work as a BA for part of your time and your additional focus is to BA development, and to review, standardise and monitor Governance, Standard Operating Procedures and documentation standards for these processes in the area.
As a CLBA you are responsible for coaching and the Process Cycle Efficiency (PCE) on both a personal and professional level of the chapter members so that they can get the best out of themselves in their function as a BA. For most of your time you will be working in a squad as a business analyst and the other 25-50% of your time – the day-to-day ask for this will vary over time - will be related to your chapter lead and are support functions as described above.
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a track record in translating to workable IT requirements for AML/KYC. You are keen to successfully transform complex KYC requests into simple and concise demands. Moreover, we look for a CLBA that has had hands-on experience with governance and Standard Operating Procedures and has excelled within a multidisciplinary team in a fast-moving and challenging environment. Experience in the customer journeys of Client Onboarding and/or Client Maintenance in combination with Process and/or IT solution implementation is a bonus. Last, as a CLBA you are a dedicated lead BA that can inspire your colleagues with your extensive knowledge related to the BA topic.
What you'll do
- You analyse business requirements for the development of products and services in the KYC scope;
- You will review the development needs of the BAs and set out and implement an approach to cover these;
- You will conduct the performance and development process and HR process tasks for the BAs in your group
- You are always looking to improve processes and documentation, knowing how to include quality by design;
- You feel at home in a complex and fragmented IT landscape and are able to navigate in it;
- You are able to simplify solutions and processes and tell the story clearly to various international stakeholders;
- You stimulate cross-border interaction and alignment between people, Tribes, Squads, Chapters, FO organisations, Local KYC activities and Service organisations;
- You ensure compliance with ING’s policies and standards;
- You refine stories in a straightforward and executional way to optimize velocity;
- You take the bigger picture into account and look beyond your Squad;
- You play an active role in the incident and problem process, together with the Squad;
- You give and ask for constructive feedback;
- You build the bridge between business and IT;
- You strive for excellence and optimisation.
How to succeed
- You are an inspiring, energetic & approachable Chapter Lead Business Analyst (CLBA) and have demonstrable experience in personal development/performance management, most likely as line manager
- Master or bachelor’s degree;
- Minimal 5+ years of working experience in process and/ or tooling implementation in IT
- Minimal 2+ years of working experience related to SoPs, governance and documentation (potentially in an audit role);
- Working experience within the areas of Financial Economic Crime, Anti Money Laundering or Compliance is a plus;
- You have experience in translating regulatory requirements into functional designs and/or processes;
- A personality and capabilities to optimally function within an Agile environment;
- Experience in guiding and realizing regulatory change;
- Strong analytical, communicative, networking and influencing skills;
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
What we offer
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience;
- A reimbursement for travel expenses;
- Pension scheme;
- 13th month salary;
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary;
- 8% Holiday payment;
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions;
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best;
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life.
Global Know Your Customer (KYC) is an organisation within the Global Operations (COO) domain. Our purpose is “Enabling people and organisations to use our banking services by ensuring a compliant and competitive KYC ecosystem.” Through an innovative and transformational approach, financial crimes, such as tax evasion and terrorist financing, are prevented or detected on a global scope.
By integrating all KYC related capabilities into one functionally steered organisation, we support the global implementation and standardisation of the Global KYC Digital Service Platform. This Platform consists of processes, enhanced controls, shared solutions and optimised operations processing across all business lines. The Platform helps us to achieve a more robust KYC environment that will strongly contribute to ING’s overall response towards more stringent regulatory requirements in this area and beyond.
Within this new fast-growing agile organisation, you will be part of an exciting journey towards truly global standardisation within the domain of KYC. You will be involved with the development of state-of-the-art solutions on socially relevant topics such as Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorism Financing, Fraud, Sanctions and their global implementation across 40+ countries, affecting 36 million ING customers. Through this, we will be able to deliver our customers an optimal KYC experience, whilst remaining compliant and in control of our risks and processes on a global scale. You will be in contact with market leading vendors and thought leaders in their respective domains. As such, you will be working with many colleagues from different disciplines, geographies and backgrounds.
The Tribe consists of squads, which are built from high-performing teams consisting of analysts and scripters. Squads are self-steering, autonomous, multi-disciplinary teams with a fixed mission and purpose and take the full responsibility and ownership of end-to-end processes. Team members are 100% dedicated to the squad and have preferably all required expertise to deliver their purpose. Squads prioritise their delivery via a backlog.
The PTM area is working to ensure the tools are in place, running end further developed for the process Post Transaction Monitoring of customers payments, to see if they are potential bad guys. Here we need to be able to follow the risk appetite of the bank and comply to the policies created. The global PTM area is delivering its service across different countries all over the world to a global standard.
Want to make a meaningful impact?
At ING our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We believe that sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to make a better future for themselves and those around them. ING is changing what banking can be. For you that means plenty of opportunities for personal growth in a continuously evolving environment. If this is the environment you thrive in, then apply and join us in changing the future of banking!