Financial Risk Officer IRRBB
Assignment | Risk Management | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2020-12-11 | REQ-10031893
As a Financial Risk Officer you work in the Financial Risk Analysis team within the Financial Risk department. You contribute to the worldwide management of market and liquidity risks that affect ING Group’s consolidated balance sheet.
More specifically, together with the other colleagues in your team, you will be responsible for the implementation of new regulations and risk systems for Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB) and the execution of EBA EU-wide stress tests.
In this position you have a direct influence on ING's risk management capabilities. You therefore make a concrete contribution every day to further strengthening ING's position as a reliable and expert bank for clients.
Within the Financial Risk department the team analyzes and monitors worldwide market and liquidity risks for ING Bank. Within the team you work in a pleasant and open atmosphere together with very professional colleagues who continually challenge each other intellectually to get the best out of themselves. You get all the space and responsibility to maximize your personal qualities. Working within Financial Risk at ING Bank means working in a highly dynamic international corporate environment where you work together at all levels and with many departments.
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for a colleague with a quantitative background with excellent understanding of different types of market risks (interest rate, liquidity and FX risks).
- You understand the complexities of a banking group with global operations and have a good understanding of recent regulatory changes and requirements.
- You are curious, you are open to new developments and you know how to master your new material quickly. Moreover, you as a person are able to respond well to the wishes and needs of others as an expert advisor.
- You are a pragmatic problem solver, who can develop and support the implementation of IRRBB risk measures in a dynamic environment.
- You are a team player who will add value to the Financial Risk organization within a dynamic environment. You will ensure that the activities you are responsible for will be performed to an exceptional standard.
- You possess an excellent command of English, being able to demonstrate negotiation, presentation and writing skills.
- You are able to deal with cultural differences, conflicting interests, complex and unforeseen challenges, as well as to constructively cooperate with your peers in building a sustainable, effective and efficient working environment.
How to succeed
As a Financial Risk Officer you will be responsible for the functional development, maintenance and implementation of IRRBB risk measures (EVE and NII). You will be testing the tooling and writing technical model documentation. Additionally, you will contribute to the execution of both internal and external stress tests.
Your profile & skills
- A completed academic education, preferably in economics, econometrics, applied mathematics or comparable training;
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience within the financial sector preferably within the banking sector;
- Extensive knowledge in the field of Asset and Liability Management and new regulatory developments regarding IRRBB;
- Sound knowledge of risk management and financial products;
- Excellent in English, both verbal and writing;
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office, especially VBA and SQL Server.
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.