Global Product Control Team - Financial Risk Officer
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-09-16 | REQ-10029786
As part of Wholesale Banking Risk, FI/FM (Financial Institutions Financial Markets) Risk supports a wide area of businesses within Financial Markets. The FIFM Risk team in Amsterdam is approx. 60 people and responsible for the market risk and product control function as well as counterparty credit risk. Market risk looks at the movement in market parameters, such as Interest Rates, Credit Spreads, FX, Equity, Commodities. Counterparty Credit risk assesses the banks risk by counterparty.
Within that scope, Global Product Control is responsible for execution, analysis and advise on:
- The monthly IFRS valuation adjustment process for ING Globally;
- Monthly Additional Valuation Adjustment process as deduction from CET1;
- Quarterly Fair Value Hierarchy and disclosures (IFRS 13);
- ING’s valuation (adjustment) framework, reporting towards senior management and facing the external auditor;
- Market data committee, COREP reports and disclosures for quarterly reporting;
- Ad hoc projects which often involve working with large datasets and simple data manipulation.
What you will do
We are looking for an individual to join the team and take ownership of the valuation adjustment process as well as the IFRS13 disclosures. You are expected to work with large datasets and can make the data accessible through queries and simple programming (e.g. Visual Basic and/or familiarity with Power BI). Additionally you will take ownership of the Risk Appetite framework, relating to the monthly valuation adjustment process.
Besides these tasks you will also participate in projects to improve policies, processes and the implementation of new regulation related to prudent valuation and IFRS related topics.
Your work environment
The GPC team is a small team of highly qualified professionals. The team has an open, informal atmosphere. Some key words relating to the work and the team are:
- Structured way of thinking and way of working;
- Able to work with deadlines with peaks at month ends and even bigger peaks at quarter ends and year ends;
- Linking pin between FIFM Risk and Finance;
- Attention to detail and making sure work is done completely and correctly.
You will work closely with many internal and external parties such as risk managers (globally), finance, senior management, the external accountant and regulators. We work in a dynamic environment, balancing daily and monthly work with increasing demands from the regulators and the internal and external accountants.
How to succeed
A successful candidate should have strong analytical skills, a sharp eye for detail and a structured way of thinking and working. As the role is global the candidate should have good communication skills and a pro-active attitude. He or she owns the work until it is correct and complete. At the same time he or she owns different processes, does the maintenance in the programming that is required for keeping these processes running and strives to improve these processes.
- 5-7 years of experience in the Risk or Finance domain
- Understanding of financial products and their accounting
- Academic level, preferable in Economics/Finance
- Good communication skills
- Work precise and see things through till they are complete
- Flexible, work under pressure
- Fluent in English
- Strong skills in Visual Basic, has experience working with Access, Excel
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.;
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home;
- Reimbursement for travel expenses;
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days;
- Pension scheme;
- 13th month salary;
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary;
- 8% Holiday payment;
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions;
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best.
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.