Pega Dev Engineer – IT Engineer Competent
Employee | Information Technology | Professional | Amsterdam | 2020-09-16 | REQ-10029985
ING is looking for a passionate Pega Dev Engineer
Think Forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are an industry recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, strong financial position, omni-channel distribution strategy and international network. If you want to work at a place with lots of freedom to innovate, where we believe that you can live by the Agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary continuity, compliance and QA measures, where we are committed to deliver stable and secure services to end users, and where we have a 'no nonsense' getting-things done mentality, please read on!
We create applications in the “Know your customer” (KYC) domain. We are tackling fundamental, high impact, problems in the financial services industry. We are passionate about protecting both our customers and our society, delivering products that make ING a safer and more compliant bank.
What you’ll do
As a Pega Dev Engineer, you are responsible to create smooth and efficient onboarding and other processes relating to Know Your Customer related processes.
In your work environment, you will work in an agile squad together with Ops engineers, Business specialists and other Pega Dev engineers.
Your squad is part of the Global KYC Tribe (to focus on business delivery), and you’ll be part of a Pega Dev Chapter (to focus on your engineer craftmanship). Agile/Scrum is our way of working, focusing on iterative and incremental software development in small, multi-disciplinary teams.
In this context, squad’s engineers should be able to perform a wide variety of tasks. Together with your squad you are responsible for the end-to-end software and feature delivery of a stable and fit-for-purpose Pega systems. It means Feature analysis, Development, Configuration, Testing and Support Operations. Additionally, to strengthen our software delivery, you will suggest and contribute to Continuous Delivery initiatives and enthusiastically automate everything: deployment, functional/technical/performance testing, system health checks, and anything else that is still done manually.
In details your main tasks will be:
- Take part to User Story refinement
- Analyzes requirements and request modification or enrich it when needed
- Participate on Design of the solution
- Implement qualitative application
- Build application as close as possible to Pega out-of-the-box features
- Create or modify Unit Tests when necessary along the implementation of new functionalities
- Participate to manual testing activities when required
- Pro-actively monitor application quality
- Ensure that logs do not display unwanted messages and errors
- Participate to the Peer Review process
- Fix incident and problems when necessary
How to Succeed
- You like to deliver on promises while keeping good communication lines with clients and partners
- You have a “Can do” mentality, flexibility and ability to take ownership
- You have a collaborative approach to solving problems while bringing positive energy to the team
- You have an ability to give and receive professional feedback
- You are relentlessly learning and thinking about new solutions
- You have experience working in agile teams (SCRUM or Kanban or XP)
- You are multi skilled: experience with design, building, testing, documenting, deployment
- You have experience with continuous delivery.
- You believe and have a good collaboration mindset.
- You have great English communication skills, verbal as well as written
- You are able to work under pressure, no 9-5 mentality
- You have strong technical skills:
- 5 years of experience on Pega
- Pega SSA certification minimum
- Java knowledge is a plus
- You may have as well:
- Diplomacy and good communication skills
- Analysis capabilities
- Testing abilities
- Facilitation skills
- Retail Bank knowledge