Senior Calypso Analyst (Technical or Functional)
Employee | Information Technology | Professional | Amsterdam | 2020-12-17 | REQ-10031271
Senior Calypso functional and/or technical engineer
As a Senior Calypso DevOps Engineer you will join one of the three hedging Calypso scrum teams and contribute in an Agile way to the full lifecycle of the application, from analysis to implementation, using our Continuous Delivery pipeline. Together with your team you will work on strategic projects that are broadening the user base and product scope of the Calypso application. You develop (complex) new functionality and coordinate its implementation on the Calypso Production environment.
As teams have End-to-End ownership and responsibility, the team is responsible for delivering a stable and fit-for-purpose Calypso service, including both the functional- and technical support as managing the security of the Calypso application.
You will be exposed to various demanding stakeholders and third party applications, thus providing opportunities for professional and personal development while putting to good use the knowledge and experience you have accumulated so far.
IT for Financial Markets is responsible for the IT environment that enables the most crucial commercial activities of ING: Trading, Risk Management, and Liquidity Management. Tens of thousands of trades are being processed in real time by our systems every hour. Flawless processing or immediate correction are key as trades covering billions of euros are passing through our systems each day.
We use top notch in-house engineered solutions and market-leading vendor applications. These systems and applications need to be running virtually 24/7. If they aren’t, Financial Markets will shut down.
Our teams are spread across the Netherlands, Romania, Singapore, and India, serving users in over 15 countries worldwide. Our teams are often virtual and the engineers forming them come from almost every continent in the world. Therefore, our main language is English.
Working in DevOps Scrum teams we are end-to-end responsible for our software: feature analysis, design, development, implementation and support of the production environment (we build it, we own it!).
We aim to go to fully self-managing and self-optimizing systems.
Finally, we are now transforming the whole Financial Markets organization to BizDevOps, where teams are composed of engineers and business colleagues for a faster and more relevant delivery to our customers.
Our current Calypso installation is V14, moving to V16 by July 2020.
What you will be doing
- Work with Product Owner to understand and refine functional specifications and how they translate in application features.
- Use Calypso, Java and other supporting tools to build the requested features.
- Work on strategic projects and coordinate with other IT teams and you are able to take a leading role.
- Implement the right tools and frameworks to automate tasks: integration, deployment, functional and performance testing
- Be part of a DevOps teams in global Calypso and interact, support business users and stakeholders within different geographic locations of ING.
- Provide recommendations and help improve development tools and processes
- Apply agile methodology and work in bi-weekly sprints to achieve efficient results in projects
- Doing production support and standby on call after working hours on rotation basis.
How to succeed
- 5+ years Calypso experience in backoffice
- Strong knowledge of Calypso backoffice (message setups, trades, Transfers, workflows, CRE & Accounting)
- Strong knowledge of financial markets, especially FX&MM products and generic backoffice processing
- You bring seniority to the team and share your knowledge and best practices with the ING Calypso community
- Relevant education at Bachelor/Master level
- Able to interact effectively with business users and product owner
- Hands-on programming knowledge (Java 7 onwards nice to have) and SQL
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication in English, including creating and delivering presentations
Nice to have
- Continuous Delivery tools such as: Maven, GIT, AzureDevOps, or similar
- Automated testing experience (Junit, Selinium, Concordion or other tools)
- Basic Linux shell scripting.
Our current Technology stack
- Java 1.7+ , Hibernate, Spring, JMX
- JBOSS Application Server, RedHat Linux, Oracle
- Concordion, Test-Driven Development
- Ansible, Jenkins/TFS, SonarQube, Fortify, GitLab, ANT Scripts, Maven
- Citrix, TWSd, MQ, XfB, Grafana
- Agile Methodology, SNOW, Confluence
What do we offer
- excellent salary package
- extensive training and education possibilities
- public transport (NS Business Card – free travel in NL)
- full time position (40h/week)
- working in a dynamic, international company with a market-changing attitude and culture
- great career possibilities in a safe and relaxed working environment
How to apply
Are you interested? Then apply for this job now!
We are looking forward to your application!
For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carriere