Strategic Portfolio Manager - financial risk model development
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-06-25 | REQ-10028407
ING is looking for a Strategic Portfolio Manager. We have an exciting opportunity for you to get involved in the transformation process of these models. Our transformation is an ongoing process as both emerging technologies and stringent regulatory environment require us to be constantly alert and willing to adapt and evolve. As a Strategic Portfolio Manager you are an ambassador of change. You are the person who initiates, enables and accelerates model change. Your role is that of a true catalyst: you ensure that model change happens. In this role, you collaborate closely with senior management and a variety of business units. Together with the team you successfully execute complex change initiatives across all FR model types. Financial Risk Model Development comprises of a team of 80+ modelling experts, who are determined to develop the best possible financial risk models to empower the customers of ING to stay ahead financially, in life and business.
What you'll do
- Performing execution of the model change: Creating, managing and executing models change roadmap that is consistent with the FR strategic objectives and regulatory agenda.
- Advising and quality assurance of the model changes: Applying your expert knowledge at least in one of the FR domains, model developments and regulatory agenda shaping model landscape to ensure models are regulatory compliant and efficient in capital allocation.
- Owning and managing key models change processes: Deploying varying model and methodology related guidelines and processes. Owning the helicopter view, analyse models, data and processes, and suggesting effective alternatives for improvements of processes and policies. Communicating and executing required change processes, thereby accelerating delivery of model changes and sustaining regulatory compliance.
- Driving innovation: Working together with the team to tackle known pain points and to identify areas of innovation in the model life cycle area, by exploring the underlying emerging technologies, challenging way of doing, and leveraging on innovation.
How to succeed
- You have a solid can-do attitude, a desire to create real impact, an eagerness to learn and a fearless approach to any challenge.
- You have a PhD in a quantitative field, or a masters degree with extensive experience in a relevant field.
- You have experience in Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR).
- Possess extensive knowledge/ experience of/with Financial Risk models, model-related policies and regulations; and you are fluent in English
- You will take decisions at tactical and/or strategic level and therefore build a trusted relationship with senior management level
- Be a team player: we expect from you that you have a valuable contribution to the FR team goals both regarding the concrete deliverables and the teamwork on itself.
- To hold excellent and demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- To adhere to agreed schedules, despite external pressure.
- To have a strong quantitative background and to be an analytical thinker
- Prior experience/interaction with the competent authorities is highly desirable
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.