Financial Risk Officer IRRBB
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2021-12-21 | REQ-10036161
Financial Risk Officer IRRBB
As a Financial Risk Officer you work in the Financial Risk Analysis team within the Financial Risk department. You contribute to the worldwide management of market and liquidity risks that affect ING Group’s consolidated balance sheet.
The Financial Risk Analysis team works from our headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. If you need to relocate to take this position in our team in Amsterdam, we offer a relocation package to support you with your relocation.
More specifically, together with the other colleagues in your team, you will be responsible for the implementation of new regulations and risk systems for Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB) and the execution of EBA EU-wide stress tests.
In this position you have a direct influence on ING's risk management capabilities. You therefore make a concrete contribution every day to further strengthening ING's position as a reliable and expert bank for clients.
Within the Financial Risk department the team analyzes and monitors worldwide market and liquidity risks for ING Bank. Within the team you work in a pleasant and open atmosphere together with very professional colleagues who continually challenge each other intellectually to get the best out of themselves. You get all the space and responsibility to maximize your personal qualities. Working within Financial Risk at ING Bank means working in a highly dynamic international corporate environment where you work together at all levels and with many departments.
Roles and responsibilities
As a Financial Risk Officer you will be responsible for the functional development, maintenance and implementation of IRRBB risk measures (EVE and NII). You will be testing the tooling and writing technical model documentation. Additionally, you will contribute to the execution of both internal and external stress tests.
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for a colleague with a quantitative background with excellent understanding of different types of market risks (interest rate, liquidity and FX risks).
- You understand the complexities of a banking group with global operations and have a good understanding of recent regulatory changes and requirements.
- You are curious, you are open to new developments and you know how to master your new material quickly. Moreover, you as a person are able to respond well to the wishes and needs of others as an expert advisor.
- You are a pragmatic problem solver, who can develop and support the implementation of IRRBB risk measures in a dynamic environment.
- You are a team player who will add value to the Financial Risk organization within a dynamic environment. You will ensure that the activities you are responsible for will be performed to an exceptional standard.
- You possess an excellent command of English, being able to demonstrate negotiation, presentation and writing skills.
- You are able to deal with cultural differences, conflicting interests, complex and unforeseen challenges, as well as to constructively cooperate with your peers in building a sustainable, effective and efficient working environment.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
Your profile & skills
- A completed academic education, preferably in economics, econometrics, applied mathematics or comparable training;
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience within the financial sector preferably within the banking sector;
- Knowledge in the field of Asset and Liability Management and new regulatory developments regarding IRRBB;
- Sound knowledge of risk management and financial products;
- Excellent in English, both verbal and writing;
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office, especially VBA and SQL Server.
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.