Internship Debt Capital Markets – IG Corporate Origination
Stage | Wholesale Banking | Student | Amsterdam | 2023-03-21 | REQ-10053912
As an intern you will be working with the Investment Grade corporate origination team covering key ING clients in Austria, BeLux, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Nordics, Switzerland and the UK. The job will among other things comprise the following aspects:
- Provide direct support to DCM originators with the aim to win new business
- Being part of the deal team to support deal execution
- Taking the lead in producing content and presentation materials
- Coordinate and prepare market and pricing updates
- Identify market opportunities by applying knowledge from various market sources (Bloomberg, macro-economic research, client specific news, etc.)
- Liaise with other key ING stakeholders to identify opportunities, enhance internal cooperation and to maximize client cross-buy (e.g. Sector Coverage relationship managers, other DCM departments, DCM Syndicate, Capital Structuring & Advisory, FM Research, FM Corporate Sales, FM Client Solutions Group)
- Support product development within DCM team (e.g. ESG bond structuring, Hybrid Capital, Liability Management and Private Placements)
- Applicants will need to be EU nationals or non-EU students enrolled in an EU university
- Applicants need to be registered as a student with an educational institution for the full duration of the internship
- Applicants need to be available full-time for the full duration of the internship
Who we are looking for:
To be considered for this internship we require the following knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable affinity with Corporate Finance and Financial Markets
- Well-rounded academic background with coursework in finance and / or economics preferred
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree required, Master level preferred from an internationally acclaimed university
- Basic knowledge of international bond markets and fixed income instruments
- Basic macro-economic knowledge to ‘read’ the market and identify opportunities
- Fluent in English
- Excellent (English) writing and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Power Point and Excel skills
- Capable to read balance sheet, P&L and cash flow statements
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines and willingness to go the extra mile
What do we offer?
- Unique opportunity to learn about Capital Markets in practice
- Advanced training on the job: Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters (Eikon, One Banker, Datastream), SNL, MS Office
- Exposure to complex projects requiring cooperation with other departments
- Live deal-execution experience with an active role in deals with high market visibility and international press coverage
- Opportunity to create a network within ING as well as in the wider banking sector
- Competitive allowance and reimbursement of public transport costs
Your work environment
The Debt Capital Markets group is comprised of several capital markets businesses: Financial Institutions Group, Investment Grade Corporates, High Yield, Sustainable Markets, EM and Capital Structuring & Liability Management. DCM Origination is part of ING’s Global Capital Markets team within the Wholesale Bank. ING DCM is consistently top-ranked in European league tables and a credible global leader around Sustainability Structuring topics (Green Bonds, Sustainability-Linked Bond, etc.).
The Capital Markets team in Amsterdam covers both Investment Grade corporate as well as Bank and Insurance bond issuers in the Northern European region. The group works closely together with Relationship Managers, Corporate Finance, M&A and other product specialist within the ING network advising on a wide range of funding opportunities in the Capital Markets. You will be joining a small, highly skilled team who will be training and guiding you and as such, you will be seen as a full member of the team.
- Fluency in English is required
- Applicants will need to be registered as a student with an educational institution for the entire duration of the internship
- Please note: to do an internship at ING, you must be either an EU national or a non-EU national enrolled in an educational institution in the Netherlands
Please apply directly online – click on Apply for this job.
Please include a cover letter together with your CV in your application.
If you have questions please contact:
Solaika Inacio, Solaika.Inacio@ing.com
For more information about ING check: www.ing.nl
We are looking forward to your application!
Vragen over deze vacature?
Neem contact op met Joëlle Wursten, Recruiter. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Telefoon: +31 (6) 57514633