Product Manager Consumer Lending
Medewerker | Wholesale Banking | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2022-09-19 | REQ-10040628
Are you the energetic and enterprising Dutch speaking product manager we’re looking for?
Do you view digitalisation as an opportunity, do you love solving complex puzzles, and are you eager to work as part of a motivated team to continue to build the Netherlands’ most digitalised and customer-friendly loan service? If so, we’re looking for you! We are seeking a new colleague to strengthen the team that is responsible for consumer lending for our 8.1 million customers. Will you come and join us?
Who are you?
As a Dutch speaking Product Manager, you have end-to-end ownership of customer journeys together with your team. You are responsible for the decision making if a customer is eligible for a loan. You are responsible for the BKR check and other relevant checks. Thanks to your product management knowledge and affinity with IT and your analytical competence, you know exactly how to implement challenging decision making into IT. As a professional, you are the perfect mix of solid brainpower and outstanding achievements. ‘Data-driven’ is a keyword for you.
You excel at working as part of a close-knit team. You help others to become successful, just like you. Giving and receiving feedback comes naturally to you; it’s a key part of your role. You see changes as presenting new opportunities. Last but not least, you have a digital mindset and have no problem communicating with IT specialists.
What is your role?
The Product Manager role is a broad one which brings together aspects such as customer experience, product management and IT. Specifically, we are looking for someone who can take the lead in decision making part of our loan workflow, resulting in a smooth-running process for customers and colleagues alike.
- You are responsible for several loan processes.
- You gather and analyse data.
- You work together with various teams within and outside of your own department and also outside of ING.
- You take care of appropriate customer communication.
- You consult risk departments about your plans.
- You ensure that customer concepts are converted into IT solutions.
- You work in an agile team comprising a couple of Customer Journey Experts and IT developers.
The backdrop to your work
Working at ING Consumer Lending means working in a team of motivated professionals who are highly ambitious to build the loan business of the future. We are looking for a proactive colleague who will help us to achieve this ambition. You will be joining a team that handles every aspect relating to the decision-making process for consumer lending. We are continuously improving the digital customer journey while ensuring that customers can borrow from us responsibly. That’s how you help them to realise their goals.
Knowledge and experience
- You have a university degree and at least 7 years of professional experience as a product manager or consultant in the financial sector. Experience in Consumer Lending is preferred but not essential
- Experience as a Product Owner is a plus
- You have demonstrable experience in process digitalisation and close collaboration with IT specialists
- You are skilled at setting up and coordinating projects, while being sensitive to the wider dynamics and building consensus
- You succeed in balancing the necessary legislative compliance with customer interests
- You are able to explain complex issues in an easy-to-understand way to get people on board, including by using your strong analytical skills
- You are results-oriented and quick to turn thoughts into actions
- You are a real team player
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (both written and spoken)
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions:
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A competitive salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Great international career opportunities
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A NS Business travel card or a travel allowance for your commute
- Commuting allowance
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days. Additional forms of leave are possible.
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Has this sparked your enthusiasm? If so, apply directly!
And convince us why you are right for this role with your motivation letter. Please also send us an up-to-date version of your CV. We will only consider online applications.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the recruiter that is linked to this vacancy.
With approximately 52,000 employees in around 40 countries, there are always excellent opportunities for people who take the initiative and want to make a difference. We recruit talented people like you for who they are and what they are capable of. We expect you to remain curious, to keep learning and to take ownership. If you are keen to work at a company where you are surrounded by inspiring and supportive colleagues, then there is no better place to invest in your talent than at ING.