Team Lead / Senior FI Lending Specialist / VP/Director
Medewerker | Wholesale Banking | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2022-07-08 | REQ-10041995
Team Lead/Senior FI Lending Specialist
The Financial Institutions Group is responsible for the management of ING WBs relationships and commercial activity with a significant number of both bank and non-bank FIs and spread across diverse geographies. Lending is a core activity for the department and is the anchor product for many relationships.
Currently, Lending business is conducted through (i) specialist teams in London and New York focusing on investment funds and the insurance sector and (ii) departments in Amsterdam and Singapore covering general lending, usually unsecured, to clients in EMEA and Asia respectively.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious Senior FI Lending Specialist to assume responsibility for being one of the two team leads of the Amsterdam based FI Lending (FIL) unit. Next to managerial capabilities, the job requires excellent credit analysis, structuring and documentation skills and sound stakeholder management.
FIL is responsible for risk ratings and credit reviews and credit work related to all ING FI counterparties (central/commercial/private banks; broker/dealers; funds and fund managers, insurers; supranationals etc.) in the EMEA region and major Global banks based in the United States. In addition, the unit covers origination and execution of Lending transactions, including extensions and amendments for FI clients in EMEA. The team works in liaison with designated FI account managers or other business units including Financial Markets and Transaction Services.
In this role, next to having your own credit portfolio (e.g. reviews & loan transactions), you will be required to lead the day to day activities of one of the teams and to engage with the Head of FIL to formulate strategy for both business development and to seek operational efficiencies in the departmental workflow. Additional responsibilities include portfolio management, participation in key Risk policy initiatives and ensuring awareness of relevant regulatory developments. You will be required to engage constructively and persuasively with key stakeholders and partners of FI including Risk Management, Legal, Compliance and CLEC.
The role will be Amsterdam based.
We are looking for a candidate with the following knowledge and experience:
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant banking experience;
- Superior credit analysis skills, preferably involving financial institutions;
- Familiarity with the ING suite of Lending products and attendant documentation;
- Management experience is preferred, but not required;
- Strong social & communication skills and understands the importance of internal governance and stakeholder management;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and organizational sensitivity to act within complex stakeholder environments across business lines;
- Make it happen mindset and track record, and enthusiasm for helping others to be successful.
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.;
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home;
- Reimbursement for travel expenses;
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days;
- Pension scheme;
- 13th month salary;
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary;
- 8% Holiday payment;
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions;
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best.
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
Please note, multiple interview steps involving various business stakeholders will be part of the selection process.