Compliance Risk Management Professional – Medior
Employee | Legal / Tax / Compliance | Professional | Amsterdam | 2020-03-30 | REQ-10026519
ING Corporate Compliance is looking to hire a Medior Compliance Risk Management Professional. The position is identified as a medior expert role with a focus on non-financial/compliance risk management as well as global change management.
This is a challenging opportunity for an advanced professional with a compliance and/or operational risk management background who would like to join ING and help design and execute Compliance Risk Assessments on a continuous basis.
You would join the Risk Conventions workstream within the SOLAR programme. SOLAR is the change programme within ING’s Global Compliance department (based in Amsterdam) that focuses on implementing the Compliance Vision 2022.
As part of the Compliance Vision 2022, ING wants to design and implement a new way of Capturing and Classifying Compliance Risks to be rolled out globally. Furthermore, the strategy is to design a way for the Risk Assessment to be documented so that it can be based on detailed local risk data, but also can roll up these data so as to be meaningful for senior management decisions. Finally the bank needs to define its Compliance Risk Appetite which needs to align to the way in which we measure Risk in the Compliance Risk Assessment.
All this needs to be designed and coordinated by the Risk Conventions team.
For 2020 the workstream is dedicated to deliver the following objectives:
- Improving the Compliance Risk Assessment methodology
- Rolling out the newly improved methodology globally (i.e. facilitate the 2020 Compliance Risk Assessment)
- Generate a dashboard to process the results
- Setting the compliance risk appetite in line with the new risk assessment methodology
The deliverables will allow the Bank to better govern its compliance risk profile, and this is a top priority for the whole of ING, including the Management Board. Your work will effectuate significant and positive global change, with real impact on making the bank more compliant and ethical.
Key result areas and responsibilities
The Compliance Risk Management Professional:
- Helps design a new Compliance Risk Assessment Methodology, with a view of being able to measure and document compliance risks at a granular level;
- Facilitates the global roll-out of the new Compliance Risk Assessment, guiding each country on how to measure and document compliance risks;
- Facilitates the design and development of a Compliance Risk Dashboard based on the gathered Risk Data;
- Keeps abreast of significant developments and/or changes in relevant laws, regulations and good business practices, and on significant internal developments which may have an impact on the Compliance risk profile of ING Bank;
- Contributes to the development and implementation of ING’s Compliance strategy / mission and helps transform the ways in which Corporate Compliance operates;
- Has a good understanding of the methods and tools for Change Management.
Your work environment
- SOLAR is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam) (2nd Line of Defence and focuses on a myriad of Compliance related deliverables.
- The Risk Conventions team is built up of ambitious professionals who have knowledge and/or expertise in Risk Management, Risk Dashboarding and Compliance as a whole.
- You will work in a challenging, albeit informal, working environment where proactivity and initiative are being embraced.
- You understand the compliance environment, the non-financial risk management environment and have professional knowledge of change management, the related processes, technology and/or developments;
- You inspire, motivate and help others to succeed;
- You exhibit exemplary behaviour with respect to compliance and want to improve the risk culture within ING;
- You want to work in a demanding international environment, where, at times, business travel will be required;
- You have the ambition to grow as a compliance and risk expert, improving the compliance risk assessment over time and taking ownership of the underlying deliverables;
- You are pragmatic, intelligent and energetic, someone who don’t hesitate to speak up;
- You are a good communicator, able to convey complex messages in simple ways;
- You are people-focused, connecting and interacting with others is something that comes naturally to you;
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htmhttp://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
- University degree or equivalent,
- Knowledge of banking business, processes, procedures and/or systems;
- 5-10 years of experience within Risk Management, Compliance and/or change management;
- Ability to work across functional and geographic lines;
- Fluent in English;
- Organisational sensitivity;
- Flexibility: hands on mentality and adjusts approach, seeks different paths in a targeted manner.
- Team leading capability
- Customer focused; takes personal responsibility;
What we offer
- Interesting and dynamic working environment focusing on one of the key strategic goals of ING.
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions.
- Full time position (36h/week, option to work 40h/week).
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience (scale 11/12).
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days.
- Public transport (NS Business Card – free travel in NL).
- Pension scheme.
- 13th month salary.
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary.
- 8% Holiday payment.
Are you interested?
Please click on Apply, upload your CV & Motivation letter and join the Compliance team at ING. The application process consists of at least 2 interviews, in which we request both knowledge & skills and behavior & competences. Because this is a sensitive position, an extensive safety investigation will also be conducted.
Please fill-in your motivation letter (please fit into 1 page), and provide it combined with your up-to-date resumé through the vacancy.
What attracts you to this Compliance Risk Management Professional position?
- Explain your motivation in terms of:
- plans & ideas you have for this Risk Compliance Area
- the fit with your own ambition & plans
- why you think you are a good fit in terms of technical skills, management skills and behavioural skills/orange code
If you have questions regarding this vacancy please contact Yvonne van der Lelie (Yvonne.firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are looking forward to your application!