Credit Risk Control Unit Expert
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-03-10 | REQ-10026473
The Credit Risk Control Unit (CRCU) is a new central team which is being set up to enhance the end to end oversight on the development and use of Rating systems in line with the requirements of Art. 190 of the Capital Requirement Regulation (CRR). The Rating Systems, including the credit risk models play a crucial role in the key decisions within the bank and as such this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new team that works towards improving INGs credit risk model landscape and the use of models.
The CRCU is set up to be independent from the personnel and management functions responsible for originating or renewing exposures. It is responsible for the design or selection, implementation, oversight and performance of rating systems. The CRCU will provide advice on the RWA impact of decisions on rating systems, challenge model development choices, review and escalate any observations on the use of rating systems to senior management. The CRCU works with a broad range of stakeholders which include internal stakeholders in front office, credit risk decision-making, model development, model risk management, governance & regulations and internal audit.
The CRCU is part of the Financial Risk (FR) department. FR consists of six teams - FR Analysis, FR Network, Governance & Regulations, Model Development and Treasury & Capital Management and the CRCU.
What will you do
As an expert in the CRCU you are comfortable taking an independent view while constructively working towards improving INGs Rating system landscape.
- You will be involved in a diverse range of topics and processes that are part of the control framework governing the Rating System life cycle.
- You know how models work and how to use them and also know the limitations of the models. You will discuss and where needed challenge the model use with the model owners and model users;
- From a model development perspective you will contribute, advise and challenge stakeholders on model decisions. The CRCU analyses output of the model use, policy documents and regulatory updates and discuss conclusions and recommendations with key stakeholders.
- Key inputs include monitoring reports, credit risk migration reports, the Basle Use test, PPU and Roll-out requests, supervisory reviews etc.
- The CRCU will challenge and constructively engage with the stakeholders to improve INGs Rating system landscape, improve model use and credit decision processes and contribute to a timely delivery by ING on its regulatory commitments.
The CRCU is currently in a build-up stage. An exciting time to join the team, giving plenty of development opportunities while shaping and improving this important role within ING.
How to succeed
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in model development, model validation, model audit and/or credit risk decision making;
- You have at least a masters degree in a relevant field of expertise;
- You’re familiar with model use and model implications on the credit decision processes, provisioning and capital requirements;
- You are comfortable at interacting with model users and model owners in the business and challenge model use where needed;
- Excellent analytical skills and comfortable with quantitative topics;
- Thorough understanding of banking products, finance, accounting and the regulatory environment;
- Excellent communicator with strong stakeholder management skills;
- Confident in challenging senior stakeholders and providing independent advice to senior management;
- Ability to work in a complex and fast paced environment;
- Possess both problem identification and problem solving skills, involving the appropriate parties;
- Results-driven with the ability to push forward issues in a persistent and constructive manner;
- Decisive and resilient;
- Familiarity with setting up/maintaining a control framework is a plus;
- Fluent in English.
What we offer
A job for 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- This position has been set at a job grade 11 or 12
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.