Data Science Chapter Lead
Medewerker | Informatie Technologie | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-05-20 | REQ-10027774
ING is looking for an experienced Chapter Lead to help build on our Global Analytics ambition for Financial Crime & RegTech.
ING’s goal is to enable people to “do their thing” and empower them to stay a step ahead in life and business. We are one of the largest banks in Europe and we continuously evolve to become one of the most innovative companies in the banking sector.
The ING Analytics group, which formed two years ago, is a major driving force in ING’s transformation, aimed at helping us to become a data-driven organization, where advanced analytics is at the heart of our business processes.
In our center of expertise, we create advanced analytics applications in the financial crime, regulatory technology (RegTech), and “Know your customer” (KYC) domains. We are tackling fundamental, high impact, problems in the financial services industry. We are passionate about protecting both our customers and our society, delivering products that make ING a safer and more compliant bank. We are building advanced analytics solutions and systems to augment ING capabilities in areas such as anti-money laundering (AML), human trafficking and customer due diligence. Our group consists of roughly two dozen data scientists, software developers and domain experts, working together to deliver innovative solutions in our domain across multiple countries.
What is the role we hiring for?
As we continue our growth and establishing the added value analytics bring to our domain, we seek a leader for our data science chapter. This someone should help us to:
- Support & structure the growth and career trajectories of our outstanding data scientists.
- Challenge the status-quo & accelerate our work and capabilities to transition from building models to delivering state-of-the-art data
- Enable our squads to make an impact and drive the growing process we undergo as an analytics group.
- Promote advanced analytics approaches in the KYC domain and drive the business transformation together with our business stakeholders and ING Analytics.
- Work as a senior data scientist on a concrete financial crime data science use case and deliver real and meaningful value to our customers and our society.
Who should apply?
At ING, we promote diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it’s essential for delivering on our strategy. To stay a step ahead we need teams with a healthy mix of contrasting perspectives and backgrounds as they are more creative, faster to adapt and more inventive with their solutions. We strive to hire a workforce as diverse as the communities in which we operate, and we will consider every application, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability or age.
If you are an experienced leader in the advanced analytics data science or big data domain (6+ years’ experience) with the proven track record to mentor, coach or develop people, and with the passion of leading teams to drive results and interact with stakeholders, we would love to hear from you.
Additional optional criteria which will be considered separately as a “plus”:
- Strong plus - Experience in applying data science to prevent and detect financial crimes (e.g. internal/external fraud, money laundering, terrorism financing, tax evasion, …)
- MSc or PhD with excellent academic results in the field of Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics or similar.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning applications & algorithms, both supervised and unsupervised. Knowledge of Isolation Forest and/or NLP techniques is an additional advantage.
- Experience with open source big data technologies and platforms (i.e. Python, Hadoop & Spark, MLFlow, Tensorflow). Working with graph databases and tools is an additional advantage.
- You actively keep up to date with the latest developments and to incorporate them in your work.
- You embody our orange code in your professional manner: you take on activities and responsibilities and make them happen, you help others to be successful, and you are one step ahead in anticipating your colleagues and stakeholders.
What we oﬀer
- A job from 36 to 40 hours that ﬁts your schedule to balance work and private life.
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Travel reimbursement
- 24 vacation days with 36-hour work week. (or 27 days with 40)
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.