Financial Economic Crime Intelligence Analyst
Employee | Legal / Tax / Compliance | Professional | Amsterdam | 2020-06-05 | REQ-10028016
Financial Economic Crime Intelligence Analyst
ING Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) is looking for a medior Financial economic crime (FEC) intelligence analyst to join our FEC Intelligence team. This is a unique, though challenging opportunity for experienced professionals to join our newly formed team, which is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam).
The mission of FEC Intelligence is to enhance the information position of ING in relation to (emerging) threats and risks stemming from known and evolving forms of Financial Economic Crime (FEC), such as money-laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and transnational and organised crime. Our goal is to help prevent ING becoming involved in FEC as effectively as possible by illuminating complex topics and by providing actionable recommendations on all levels, across all business lines of ING. FEC Intelligence achieves its goals by performing threat intelligence (horizon scanning), data analytics (internal and external data), central coordination of major FEC events and Country Risk Analysis. We do this in close coordination with many partners inside and outside ING. This position is especially suitable for someone who is keen to contribute to a safe and secure international bank, who thrives on a high degree of self-organisation and responsibility in his/her day to day activities.
You can contribute to building the FCC Intelligence team by
- Combining a deep understanding of relevant FEC typologies, intelligence techniques and methods, and analytical proficiency with a proven interest in -and experience with- countering FEC in the financial sector;
- Showing you are a creative and curious professional who is looking forward to work on a wide variety of FEC related topics in a small team;
- Enriching our way of working with your adherence to, and understanding of- the highest professional analytical standards and methodological soundness;
- Liaising with other (FEC) intelligence professionals inside and outside ING, including public-private networks and interbank working groups;
- Utilizing your experience with (open source) intelligence products, visualization tools and client and transaction monitoring systems to deliver actionable intelligence products, to clearly lay out threat intelligence and country risk related advice, also for those who may be less privy to the topic presented.
- Using your strong communication and people skills, and organizational sensitivity to convey complex messages in a concise and simple way. You are able to bring adherence to “why” change is required to achieve effective management of FEC risks
- Acting as an ambassador for the FCC domain in general, and the mission, way of working and deliverables of the FEC Intelligence team in particular;
The person we are looking for:
- Has in-depth knowledge and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in working with current FEC typologies, practices, principles, tools and (qualitative) intelligence techniques;
- Expresses a strong personal vision regarding FEC-related threats and risks in the financial sector, and understands the added value of intelligence therein;
- Has a university degree with a strong crime or security -related focus (such as criminology, criminal law, political science, international security, international relations, security risk management, etc.), or has extensive working experience that proves equivalence therewith (e.g. in law enforcement, FIU, regulator);
- Is self-organising and result-driven.
- Is able to see things from various different perspectives, We expect you are an independent thinker with a critical mindset.
- Has excellent writing and presenting skills that help deliver outstanding intelligence products and services to empower our (senior) stakeholders with decision-making advantages. Experience with (senior) stakeholder management is preferable;
- Is able to produce original- albeit methodologically sound- advanced qualitative analyses, that nonetheless are always clear for those less privy to the topic;
- Is fluent in English;
- Can work across business, organisational and geographical borders, and thereby shows both organisational and cultural sensitivity;
- Understands the business of banking, and has professional knowledge of the FEC domain in financial institutions, and the related processes, technology and developments in the field;
What we offer
A job from 36 or 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover our employment conditions yourself.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.