Senior Compliance Officer
Medewerker | Juridisch / Fiscaal / Compliance | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-11-16 | REQ-10029820
ING Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) is looking for a senior compliance officer to join our FCC Risk Management team. This is a unique, though challenging opportunity for experienced professionals to join our team, which is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam).
The mission of FCC Risk Management is to help ensure a robust bank wide end-to-end FCC framework. Risk Management achieves it goals a.o. by the enhancement of the Systematic Integrity Risk Assessment (SIRA) methodology, developing SIRA risk scenario’s and facilitation of the SIRA roll-out globally to all ING countries and by setting boundaries and helping define and roll out the Global KYC Risk Appetite Statement (RAS). We do this in close cooperation with many partners inside ING, both business and with the help of other 2nd line (NFR) departments.
This position is especially suitable for someone who is keen to contribute to a safe and secure international bank, who thrives on a high degree of self-organisation and responsibility in his/her day to day activities.
You can contribute to building the FCC Risk Management team by
- Combining a deep understanding of compliance risk management with the relevant Financial Economic Crime (FEC) typologies;
- Analytical proficiency with a proven interest in -and experience with- building up a sustainable and adopted RAS and SIRA methodology;
- Showing you are a flexible, creative and curious professional with a hands-on mentality and result oriented who is looking forward to work on a wide variety of compliance risk management related topics in an enthusiastic team;
- Passion for integrity, compliance and risk culture;
- Enriching our way of working with your adherence to, and understanding of- the highest professional analytical standards and methodological soundness;
- Liaising with other (FEC) risk management professionals inside ING;
- Using your strong communication and people skills, and organizational sensitivity to convey complex messages in a concise and simple way. You are able to bring adherence to “why” change is required to achieve effective management of FEC risks and to ‘get people on board’ to ensure buy-in from stakeholders;
- Acting as an ambassador for the FCC domain in general, and the mission, way of working and deliverables of the FCC Risk Management team in particular.
The person we are looking for:
- Has in-depth knowledge and at least 7 years of relevant professional experience in the development of and working with risk assessments, in particular the SIRA;
- Expresses a strong personal vision regarding FEC-related risks in the financial sector, and understands the added value of risk management therein;
- Has a university degree with a strong risk management - related focus (such as economics, business administration etc.), or has extensive working experience that proves equivalence therewith (e.g. in compliance, operational risk management, regulator);
- Brings excellent references from previous professional positions, or from his/her academic field of study;
- Is confident, self-organising and result-driven;
- Is able to see things from various different perspectives; we expect you are an independent thinker with a critical mindset;
- Has excellent writing and presenting skills that help deliver outstanding products and services to empower our (senior) stakeholders with decision-making advantages. Experience with (senior) stakeholder management is preferable;
- Is generally people-focused. Connecting to, cooperating and interacting with others comes naturally to you;
- Is able to set up original- albeit methodologically sound- advanced qualitative analyses, that nonetheless are always clear for those less privy to the topic;
- Is fluent in English;
- Can work across business, organisational and geographical borders, and thereby shows both organisational and cultural sensitivity;
- Understands the business of banking, and has professional knowledge of the FEC domain in financial institutions, and the related processes, technology and developments in the field;
- Understanding of ING’s internal organisation is preferable;
What we offer
A job from 36 or 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover our employment conditions yourself.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.