Senior Governance and Regulations Officer Financial Risk
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-04-10 | REQ-10026472
ING is looking for a Senior Governance & Regulations Officer, Financial Risk. The Financial Risk department was established in 2017 to set and control financial risk strategy across the organisation. Governance & Regulations is one of six departments within Financial Risk. This department provides strategic guidance on financial risk and regulations (credit, trading and balance sheet) and safeguards regulatory compliance.
What you'll do
- As one of the more senior members of the team, you will play a key role in determining and driving forward our strategy, priorities and change initiatives and aligning these to ING’s overall direction.
- Your excellent communication and stakeholder management skills are key to maintaining good relations with our stakeholders, such as the other risk teams in head-office as well as in the business units and locations, Finance, Model Validation, Group Treasury and also our external stakeholders including the ECB, DNB and the auditor of ING.
- The focus of this role within Governance & Regulations is the development of ALM, market and trading risk policies.
- You are expected to keep abreast of related regulatory developments and work closely with internal stakeholders to review and update existing ALM, market and trading risk policies and coordinate, formulate, write and steer new policies through the approval process to implementation.
- You have knowledge and familiarity with IRRBB, Liquidity, IIM and FRTB is required.
How to succeed
- Master’s degree, preferably in Economics, Econometrics or Quantitative Finance
- 5 – 10 years of relevant work experience
- Solid ALM, market and trading risk skills developed in a trading room and/or ALM environment
- Excellent language and communication skills, with a particular emphasis on writing clear, succinct and well-structured policy documents in English
- Strong ALM and trading product knowledge is essential
- Focused, self-driven and results oriented
- Confident presence and comfortable in engaging with senior management (translating complex matters into simple and concise terms) and a broad range of stakeholders
- Good project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Analytical with the ability to think broadly but also with attention to detail
- Affinity with the regulatory environment and other financial risk topics
- Flexible team player
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information about the Orange Code please refer to ING-Orange-code.
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
This highly diverse team consists of approximately 18 people and has a global scope. You will report to the Head of Governance & Regulations.
Responsibilities of the Governance & Regulations Team include among other tasks:
- Writing, coordinating and updating pragmatic policy in line with regulations and/or internal risk policy
- Building and maintaining relationships with regulators, supervisors, industry associations and internal stakeholders
- Actively contributing to shaping new regulations and communicating them throughout the organisation
- Providing guidance and advice to internal stakeholders.